Solids

Colleen1988

Reaction score
Once our LO's hit 6 month are we supposed to reduce their milk a little so that they take more solid? as long as they having at least 24 oz in 24 hour? xxx

They don't need solids until 1 year so just keep the milk up and offer more food and then he will drop milk by himself. It's a slow process

Ok thank you :) it's all so confusing to me! 1st baby lol xxx

How is Isaac doing? Emilie is 5 months tomorrow and is a right little prima Donna, her personality is really coming through :) I remember your little one being a week younger than her so I bet he's getting really cheeky too! :)

Last edited:
Haha yes he's got a little temper on him.. For example if you don't get that bottle in his mouth quick enough he screams and kicks his little legs lol.. He's got this gorgeous little belly laugh when he's having fun though! It's amazing watching them grow isn't it xxx

Just realised as I was typing that 24 oz is about 4 6oz bottles or 3 8 oz bottles, that's not much at all! My nephew is a good eater opposed to my son.. On his three meals and eats snacks and such.. He's now 1 and I think is still offered that amount of milk! and he had no issues with starting to eat more and more during the day, man man that kid can eat! If he would drop below that amount you can give your HV a ring and I'm sure you could just add some liquid vitamins to his food! :)

No my LO has 4 9oz bottles in the day and a 6oz dream feed... I read that from 6 month they should be having less milk and more solids but should be on at least 24oz in 24 hours to get the nutrients they need xxx

You will find they naturally reduce their milk - mind did about 9 months but is still on 2/3 bottles a day from 5 x

I thought this but I just thought that by giving a baby a bottle they won't be hungry for solids... So the option would be to give solids first but then I worry he wouldn't be having enough milk if he doesnt have a full bottle :/ it's so confusing lol xx

I'm sure once you get into the thick of it it's easy and natural, im just over thinking everything xx

My daughter is now on 3x8oz bottles a day. But I really don't think it matters if they take more. More he merrier! They soon start letting you know if they don't want any milk by spitting bottles back out at you or not crying/moaning for food. Keep going until baby lets you know otherwise :)

Don't worry about overthinking. Part of being a first time mom. It's all new. I'm a second time mom and definitely more relaxed this time around.

Last edited:
I heard a phrase the other day "food under one is just for fun". From all that I've read milk is more important so try not to be too concerned about solids. I say that now but when we are weaning in a month or so time I'll be asking just as many questions! :D

Mix his milk into his food so even if he's not drinking it, he's still getting his milk. As the others have said he'll decrease it himself over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back