Softcup confusion

Seb

Reaction score
I know there has been a few recent threads about softcups so I thought I'd give them a go. The idea of it grosses me out a bit but I found them easy enough to use and in theory they make alot of sense to keep the spermies near the cervix. I can feel the way it moulds around the cervix but the thing I'm confused about is that when u remove them u can see that the semen kind of 'sticks' to the cup part and I wonder can it move freely enough to enter the cervix... Does that make sense?! Any views on this please? I don't want 2 ruin my chances this month. Xx

Hi Seb I have just got some softcups and I am waiting for them to arrive and I hope they arrive before tomorrow or will not get to use them this month!

I have also been wondering about this I was planning on putting some preseed in the cup which I am hoping wil help - I might try and hunt down lynds as she was a massive advocate for them and she might know!

xx

hey, i put a little bit of preseed inside the cup, and rubbed it round with my finger. But i dont think you actually need to.

when you take it out, the sperm that is in the cup is the sperm that would have come out pretty quickly after sex if you had not inserted the cup. its your wet patch!

so dont worry about that. I used a softcup every time we had sex around ovulation last month, and i swear this is what helped me get caught along with following the SMEP plan.

hope they work for you too.

This might be a very gross or silly question but I was thinking of adding these to my wee lists..

BUT

When you go to take them out doesnt it just spill out everywhere or does the sperm "evaporate/dryup" ?? They seem like a really good thing, some people have said place a babywipe/loo roll but I thought that it would just be absorbed.. So are they messy when removing was my question, and also do you just leave them in all night for example if you BD before sleep..

Thanks, and sorry if I have grossed you out - or asked a silly question :) I should put a wee L plate as my advatar haha!

Thanks 4 the replies. I was hoping u would answer lynds as u are the pregnancy forum soft cup expert :) I used concieve plus, didn't actually rub it in the cup just put it inside me with an applicator. I was just thinking that maybe the plasticy cup thing wud actually draw the semen to it rather than it floating around inside u, and then it crossed mind that maybe the cup could have the opposite effect by creating a barrier so most sperm couldn't get near the cervix! Though if u got ur bfp using them they must b ok. U'd wonder why they don't advertise them 4 that purpose, just 4 af.

Anythings worth a go! I've used them the last 2 nights. Think I'll do the legs in the air thing 2nite for 5-10mins then put the softcup in..

I think that if I don't get my bfp this month I am going to try the soft cups. I think I have seen them advertised as a fertility aid... I think the sperm stay near the cervix and the cup is like a "door" so the only way out is for them to go inside and hello they are bound to "run" into your egg.....yeah I m definitely going to use them if I don't get my bfp....

Russellmuscle it's not too bad, they're not as messy as I expected. The sperm kind of sticks 2 it so doesn't really spill out, that's why I thought they mightn't work...but as lynds says that's the sperm that's gona end up as ur wet patch anyway so may as well be in the cup inside u. They're a tad tricky 2 get out but don't let that freak u out, they're alot easier 2 use than I thought.xx

apparently they are not licensed yet to advertise as a fertility aid, but in the states they do mention it a lot more. Just not allowed in this country.

i found that if you kinda push down into your pelvis over the toilet it kinda pushes the cup down a bit and makes it easier to get out. I usually have a bit of tissue sitting on my knee ready to stick into the cup as soon as i take it out, just to cover the yucky stuff! then I wrap them up and stick them in the bin. Defo not something to go down the loo!

and yeah RM, you can wear them for 12 hours, in bed, to work whatever! good luck girls, and keep me posted! would love it if you all got your BFP using them! x

These never worked for me i think they create a suction and stick to the hole in your cervix, I really don't rate pressed either!:)

Xx

Oh crap! Hard to know... It def made a difference when I put conceive plus in it rather than just inserting it dry, the fluid seemed to not stick to the cup as much. I've used them for the last 3 days and ovulated yesterday so we'll see how it goes. I really hope its my time.x

Well my softcups arrived today they are not what I expected!

How hard are they to use I am worried I'm going to get it wrong and mess up my chances!

xx

maybe practice with one first KMG if you are worried? they are so easy to go in. Easier if you sit on the edge of the bed, but I used to just shove them in whilst i was still lying on my back!

i like to think of them as a resevoir creator. Once in the sperm that would seep out falls into the cup, but as long as you have enough CM, or preseed, up there the sperm can swim back up and about the place and find that egg!
The inside of them is too loose and thin to form any kind of suction, or seal.

Last edited:
Thanks lynds I will give it a go later - who would think that dtd could need so much extra help!!

xx

how is it going Seb, any symptoms? when are you testing?

how did you get on with them KMG?

Hi lynds, well we dtd the yep popped one straight in and you are right so easy to use - I must admit I think I rushed putting it because I panicked I will take more time next time.

I think it is definitely worth using and can really see the sense!

Fingers cross its my month!

xx

No symptoms as yet lynds, I'm 6dpo. Tryin not 2 symptom spot, it's just leads 2 disappointment though I'm tryin 1 b positive this month. I hope I get a bfp so I can join u in tri 1. How u feeling? U had any sickness or anything?

Kmg, they look kinda scary don't they?! Glad u were able 2 use them ok, after the first time it's simple. I actually had 1 at the ready so as hubby was pulling out I popped it in! Very romantic!!! Fx 4 both of us.xx

I just ordered some online along with some more IC opks. Good luck ladies !!!!!

I dont think so Bella, i think a mooncup is hard all the way around? I am not sure. But they do do the same things so I would imagine they work in the way? possibly, never seen a moon cup so not sure if it will pull the sperm away too much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back