Soft toys in crib/cot

fcroxy

Reaction score
At what age did people leave a small soft toy in their LOs crib? India is almost 5 months now and really loves to hold/stroke a muslin or soft toy when she sleeps. I let her in the day when I can watch her but haven't done at night yet, but she's a terrible sleeper these last few weeks and thinking maybe something soft in her crib may help. She has a soft toy attached to the crib but it doesn't work as well as she cant move it about or hold it where she wants to. Xx

I think I left my LBs bunny in his cot from around 5m. He wasn't fussed for it straight away though x

Rowan's had a soft comforter thing in with her for quite a while now, can't remember when we started that though! Likely around 5 months as we were getting her ready to transition to her cot. It's this flat fleecy fabric thing made to look like an elephant (I just call it 'Flat Elephant' haha) and is breathable, so she shouldn't be able to smother herself with it. As far as I understand, you can find breathable stuffed toys too though. I rub flat elephant on my chest before i put her down so it has my scent too! :)

India has one of them flat comforters too but a rabbit, me and OH call it road kill but not to the girls haha. She also has a Ewan the dream sheep which she's only had for a few weeks. I did attach it to the bars to begin with but now the Velcro on the tail isn't holding as well and she pulls it off but I usually take it out the crib, ill try leaving it in tonight. Thanks for the replies x

I think it's all down to what you feel comfortable with, my little girl is just 2 and has never had anything in bed with her because my partner is really worried about anything being in the cot with her. My son (9 months) quite often has my tshirt in with him as its the only way to get him to sleep in it. My sister in law has had stuffed toys in with her two girls since they were born which freaks me out (way too many round their heads) and she recently posted a photo of her 6 month old with a rabbit right next to her face and the arm draped across her mouth which I think is a bit silly but they are obviously comfortable with it and think she is big enough to move something away that is too close. I've heard people say that by the time a baby can sit up and roll etc it is unlikely to not just move a toy away from its face as soon as it felt it there but I don't know how true that is x

Like others have said it's what you feel comfortable with. My lo is 19 months. She first had a toy in at probably 1 year old. It then progressed to a toy under each arm and now when she goes into her cot she'll ask for 4 or 5 different toys to be in with her. Once she's asleep I usually take the majority out and leave one or two

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back