Sod it, im having a section

lauramumof2

Reaction score
Thats it, Ive had enough, Im having a section. I was told yesterday that because I had a section the last time that I wouldnt even get a water birth never mind a home birth and I can get off the bed if the cables for the monitors are long enough :shock: :shock:
No way, I wanted an active birth so in order to keep in control of the situation Im opting for the section that the gyn wanted me to have in the first place.
Another thing is that many of you mention your bad tears and this terrifies me. I didnt have as much bother with my c sec scar as some of you honeys are having with your poor bits and bobs.
As you can guess, Im freaking out.

don't panic... don't freak out! you do what you feel is best for you n baby! if you want a c-section go for it! but don't be put off birth by reading others stories. No 2 births are the same! i know it's not gonna tickle but it mightn't be as bad as you think! watch a few birth stories on sky.... I saw one the other week where the mother turned up at the hospital. she dilated so quickly she gave birth standing up then passed out as it all happened so quickly... later they chatted to her and she said she never had time for any pain killer but didn't need it! no stitches or complications at all.... baby just slipped out!!!! she looked fab... I'm hoping mine goes as quickly and simple... we can all wish!!!!

x

My friend just had her 3rd she arrived at hospital at 01.45 and baby was born at 02.09 no pain relief no stitches and her other 2 was more or less the same, as for me on the other had loads of stitches but i'd go through it all again :) no two are the same :)

Definately do NOT panic!!! But as it has been said you can't go on other peoples horror stories, just so you know I had a section with my first child and 13mos later I have a vaginal birth 22mos after that I had another vaginal birth and about 23 mos after that I had yet another vaginal birth and plan on doing again this time around. Tearing is not as common as they put it out to be that's for sure. But if that what makes you feel more comfortable then go for it but just keep in mind that you most certainly can have a healthy vaginal birth! :wink:

xoxo Ree

hun even if you do tear its really not that bad i promise you just makes sitting down a bit uncomfortable for a week or 2 and with a new baby you soon forget about it anyway dont panic xxxx

My fears were, being cut or tearing, forceps, section and haemorrhage oh and epidural, i ended up with being cut, forceps and haemorrhaged and although i was really ill at the time by day 3 i decided i would have another one, and at the time it really wasn't that bad, when you're going through it you just want them to get on :)

Thanks guys
I was a bit freaked out that day especially as she said I would have to stay in bed. I really wanted to be up and about for the labour.
I guess some things are out of your hands and it is really about what is best for baby.

Thanks again
Laura Jess
& Bun

I wanted to be up and about too but cos Abi was prem i had to keep monitors on, i had a shot of pethidine and slept between contractions instead lol

hi

ive only had aa section but i was induced and had to stay in bed unless i had to pee, then after all the labour ended up getting a c-section.
But yes everyones birth experience is different and i forgot about the pain immedietly after.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back