Socket cover help?

jojo_2012

Reaction score
I just bought the Lindam socket covers after I left my old ones behind when moving. Only problem is he can get them out so easily! I didn't have any trouble with the old ones as they were flatter to the socket :(

Can anyone recommend a better sort?

Also before anyone says I've seen the website about them apparently being dangerous so there's no need to tell me about it I don't believe it to be true.

I have the ikea ones, even i struggle to get them out LOL x

I got some from toy master and the only way to remove them is to use another plug prong they're fab

I think mine are Lindam, they do the job well enough at the moment but I can see why an older child might find them easy to remove! Will be watching this thread for alternatives x

I believe you can get some that require a lock to remove them - then you don't have an issue with little fingers taking them out.

Although plug safety standards in the uk mean you don't actually need any.

I believe you can get some that require a lock to remove them - then you don't have an issue with little fingers taking them out.

What do you mean?

As in since legislation was introduced in the 70s, and sockets were redesigned, it is physically impossible for a child to get fingers etc far enough in the socket to be dangerous (assuming your sockets are safe - i.e not broken and up to date!)!

I never would have known, that's really interesting!

Thanks guys we've ordered some Ikea ones from eBay now hopefully the stress will be over soon xx

As in since legislation was introduced in the 70s, and sockets were redesigned, it is physically impossible for a child to get fingers etc far enough in the socket to be dangerous (assuming your sockets are safe - i.e not broken and up to date!)!

That's really good to know! Will gets the covers out too and is obsessed with plugging things in!

Your brilliant advice last time on this issues really helped me out.

Yeah you need to make sure they fit really well as by inserting a socket cover your actually opening the flaps to the live so if they are ill fitting and lo manages to jam something in alongside it - heaven forbid. Just think carefully and look very closely at the covers you decide to get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back