social services

Jamie.d

Reaction score
This is going to sound super odd...but I'd really appreciate some listening ears...

I got a horrible phone call today from social services saying that somebody had complained to the nspcc about my partner and I excessively drinking and doing drugs, leaving my kids alone in the house and going out!
Horrible horrible stuff....
My anxiety is through the roof and I'm not sure what to do with myself!

Obviously none of the above is true, I can't even leave them to cry at night! I get up 2/3 times for whatever they need, this has utterly destroyed me.

I've called the police and reported it and tomorrow I think I'll see if there's anywhere that will drug and alcohol test us both just to be 1000% clear we aren't doing such things!
Does anybody else know where I can go? i have no idea who would have done such a thing and I've spent most of today in floods of tears,

they're going to start an investigation which I suppose is a good thing as they are really serious accusations! I just could have done without all the stress, specially being pregnant!

I'm so sorry you're going through this hun.

I don't know where you can get the drug tests, but I'm sure when you speak to the social worker who comes around they can stir you in the right direction.

My sister has had false accusations against her in the past two and it is horrible, it breaks your heart and tears you apart so I am very sorry you are having to go through this too :( However, when they came around and looked at the house, saw the kids, their standard of living etc they said to my sister that it was clear it was malicious.

It makes me angry that people would do this on a number of levels though, not only is it something I wouldn't wish on my worse enemy, it's a waste of the social workers time too and could be taking them away from a serious case that needs their attention.

Try not to stress, they will see that the accusations against you are unfounded.

Thank you I so needed to just talk x

I know I have nothing to hide so it isn't worrying to me, but I'm so anxious that somebody could do something so horrendous!

The kids dad and I are separated and fight like cat and dog but when the social worker called she said even he said it was ridiculous and he knows I don't regularly drink and 100% dont' do any drugs! At least I know it isn't him..I think?

The only other person that has crossed my mind is a stalker I had a while back...he had an order from the court not to contact me but I dropped the charges and.. well here we are today! massive co incidence?

My head is just in absolute pieces x

If the social worker said he said it really isn't like you I doubt it was him, even if he had called anonymously what would he get out of it if he then stuck up for you? (but who knows, people do do some crazy things)

As hard as it is, it's probably not worth stressing too much over who it could be as you will drive yourself up the wall and could even start getting really paranoid. :( I do really feel for you though as it's awful and I can't imagine how it must feel knowing someone wanted to hurt you in that way.

It reflects far worse on the coward who did it than you though, it's just not nice for you to go through though - understandable that you needed to talk about it

No advice, just support, I'm sorry this is happening it's ridiculous and awful XX

Sorry you are having such a bad time. I know a family who was falsely accused of abusing their kids. It all got sorted eventually but it was a horrendous time for them. I went to school with one of them and anyone who knew them at all instantly knew it was total lies. I hope it gets sorted quickly for you.

I've just spoken to the safeguarding team and they say they believe it to be done with malicious intent... still pretty shit! But at least they don't think I'm an abuser :(
There is a social worker looking into it however I've no idea what they will do, I'm so worried!

Thank you all for the kind words... I just need to deal with it now but it's broken my heart x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back