Social media

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Keeponhoping, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Keeponhoping

Keeponhoping Well-Known Member

Just wanted others thoughts really. So myself and my husband are no longer on Facebook anymore, but my mother in law is and she keeps posting pictures of baby on Facebook without asking and my sister text me the other day saying lovely photo I saw etc etc. For some reason we both just feel uneasy about her posting these photos without our permission. Just want to protect their privacy but that's just me. How would others feel on this? And how would I approach it to ask her to stop without upsetting her?

2. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

It's very hard to ask without hurting her. My MIL used to do it on Instagram and I felt very uncomfortable about it, I told her that I thought it was sweet that she loved my DD so much to post the pictures but that I didn't want the photos to fall into the wrong hands. Once they are online, you don't know who does what with them and imagine if a pervert or something sees them and decides to look us up or find us. As my MIL had a public account, I asked her to remove the photos and she did and she did understand.
    But if you have an account on Facebook, you can report the pictures if they were posted without your permission. Maybe you can ask your sister to do it?x