So Worried

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
I have just telephoned my doctors for the results of my CD21 test and they wouldnt give it me - the have arranged for a doctor to ring me back at 3.20 - not my own doctor but the duty doctor ......... I feel sick now - has this happened to anyone else??

Had a terrible nightmare that they found out I was already menopausal last night :(

Hope everything is ok - let us know how you get on x x x

:hug:

Don't worry too much - there are certain tests the receptionists aren't allowed to give results for.

I have no idea what the distinction is - but when I was tested for thyroid problems, the receptionists were allowed to give the results (normal) and when I was tested for something to do with cardiac problems, they couldn't - the doc had to phone me (also normal). It may be that certain tests are routine, and others are marked 'patient confidential'.

Or that the result is simply a number, not a range (the cardiac thing was a number), and a doc will have to phone if the patient's first question is going to be 'but what does that mean?'. It would be irresponsible for a receptionist to give you a number and no explanation. You'd be left in limbo.

Big :hug: and fingers crossed for you! Let us know!

I'm sure what Kittykins says is the mostly likely explanation :hug: :hug:

i agree with kittykins some results do require the dr to tell you as the results are probabally just numbers and i dont think the receptionists would have a clue.
good luck, try not to get yourself worried :hug:

p.s. - and don't worry too much about the choice of doctor. It might be your doc has the day off! Or again, it's the confidentiality thing - doesn't matter which doc tells you, it just has to be someone qualified to read/explain the results/open the envelope from the lab. My GP practice won't make phone calls after 11 and before 3, because they're so busy at that time of day.

Hope everythings ok, I have had this so many times with doctors receptionist says doctor has to call you with results or worse say you have to make an appointment and they only have one a week away and spend all that time worrying and the hastle of getting out of work only to find you really didnt need to come in and results are all normal!
I really hope this is the case for you try not to worry too much (easier said then done I know!) is most likely just protocall! :hug: :hug:

Thanks ladies - just sitting here waiting for the call - they are late!! Have bitten through my nails which is no mean feat as they are false!! Will give it till 4 and then will phone the doctors back........... This is a nightmare.....

:hug:

Make yourself a nice cup of decaff/herbal tea and raid the biscuit tin. Better still, go for a wee - sod's law dictates that the second you drop your knickers, the phone will ring! :lol:

btw - aren't vivid dreams/nightmares a symptom of pregnancy? :think: :wink:

OK so she rang - it was the same doctor who saw me the month before last with my chemical pregnancy - apparently my level is 18 which is on the low side - they like to see 30 ish for 7 dpo - she was lovely and was really concerned about why this is so - anyway got to have a bloodtest as soon as possible so going to pick up the form now..... They are so busy the nurse at the surgery cant do it so she wants me to go to the hospital tomorrow. :( Really confused - she was like do you feel pregnant? I was really honest and said every tww I feel pregnant and then she said no do you think you could be 3 months pregnant!! WHAT IS ALL THAT ABOUT!! She was saying could I be one of those people who have only a trace of HCG in their urine and bleed through pregnancy........

Now I dont think I am 3 months pregnant but it sure scared the hell out of me.........

Anyway now have to wait until Monday to get the results of the blood test for HCG I suppose!!

Thanks for being so supportive, I really dont know what I would do without this site.

:shock: :rotfl:

Not another one! After LittleMissPink yesterday, we're all going to be going to the doc's and demanding blood tests, no matter what the cycle day! :lol:

Well, first thoughts, she wouldn't say that if she didn't think it was highly possible.

Second thoughts - at the time of the test you were ONLY CD18, you know! :shakehead: :rotfl: The nurse told you so, you naughty girl, and see what happens if you insist on doing these tests early :wink:

Third thoughts - 'on the low side' isn't menopausal. Your cycle's a bit messed up at the moment anyway, so it wouldn't be surprising if your body wasn't behaving exactly as it should be at 7dpo - you've had so many hormone rushes recently.

All sounds pretty positive to me. :hug: Though I bet you'd be annoyed to miss out on 1st Tri and have to go straight to 2nd Tri! Seriously, sounds as though the greatest concern is for an undiagnosed pregnancy - but you've been looking after yourself in the meantime, so that shouldn't pose too much of a problem. And if it's not that, well, your levels might be lowish, but they're not non-existent, and there are things the docs can do to help. Try to relax - have a warm bath this evening or something - but not too hot in case you've got a 3mo foetus in there! :D

Oh my Gosh! Thats really exciting, I really hope you are. :hug:

Thanks everyone - just got back from my Mums - to be honest I dont think there is anyway I could be 12 weeks pregnant and if I was then my progesterone is way too low anyway. I am really confused as we have been researching on-line and some sites say anything over 10 is ok but some say under 30 is a worry!! I also wonder if I ovulated a day later as if I change FF to research instead of advanced it shows OV as CD12 so I would have been 6 dpo not 7!!! Not sure how much difference a day makes in progesterone measurements........

Picked up the form from the doctors and they are testing for HCG, FSH and LH levels - I suppose the good news is that I should have some answers by next week but it is going to be one hell of a weekend waiting...... :(

Kitty the only thing is when my period started last month I drank a whole bottle of wine!! Slept well that night but now I am worrying myself to death and also all the things I have eaten that you shouldnt like shellfish and blue cheese!!! I am sure there is no way I can be 12 weeks - it doesnt make sense, how could I have + tests then bleeding and then - tests and still be pregnant......

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: Going to drive my husband mad all weekend now :rotfl:

Just read this thread - OMG :shock: I am really :pray: ing for you, why would she have said something like that?

Flick I have no idea - I think it was because of the chemical and last month's early miscarriage she got all on her high horse about woman who bleed through their pregnancies but it doesnt make any sense to me as if I was 12 weeks surely a baby couldnt have survived with me having such low progesterone levels ........

I think I need to do more research - I dont know if a level of 18.7 would mean I didnt ovulate (then how come I have all the other signs like ewcm and a temp elevation?) or whether the folicle is unsustainable????

All I do know is that I dont have a hope in hell of doing anything other than worry for the next couple of days!!!

if you are pregnant - don't worry

My DS is 13 and about 5 7, v good looking :wink: , classed as gifted and talented at school, a long distance runner, didn't see the doctor for so long they were concerned they had lost part of his notes and I could go on and on .....

and I was over first tri when I found out - I had drank, smoked, eaten nothing even close to nutritous, lay in hot baths every night and lived on coffee :wink:

we wouldn't choose to do it - but they're remarkably resilient :D

hope its all good news :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back