So upset

scn

Reaction score
Got my hospital appointment through this morning for 5th June, but there is a ps on the end of it! It says that the bloods me and DH got taken almost 7 weeks ago to check our chromosomes were unable to be analysed by the lab and that they will be repeated when we attend our appointment.
To say I am devastated is an understatement, I can't stop crying. I have been pinning all my focus on getting these results and TTC again. We'll be lucky to be able to start TTC again by August. My heart is breaking right now :cry:

Oh god hon, no wonder you are upset. I am sorry to hear this xx

so sorry to hear this. Why could they not be analysed? Its so frustrating. Thinking of you hun.

Jesus that is bloody infuriating.

I am not sure about you but when we had our testing I had to give a Hell of a lot of blood as well (14 vials in one sitting)

At least you will eventually get answers though. Maybe ask if the hospital can rush them through for you?

xxxxxx

Oh no Karen! That is awful....couldn't they have contacted before now about that!

I really feel for you and do not know how I would cope as it's only the hope of ttc again that got me through my miscarriages!

So sorry.

My husband has phoned them, he's furious at them because of how it's affecting me. The consultant is on holiday and won't be back until the day of our appointment so we have to wait until then for our answers as to why. I'm in bits x

I'm so sorry Hun sending u big hugs xxx

I would be in absolute bits too!! That is shocking. I was a mess waiting for the results from ours, so for this to happen must be devastating xxxx

Agree this is awful. Its bad enough having to wait once. It might be worth talking to the consultants secretary, its going to be a bit of a waste of time for everyone otherwise when you go up. They should be able to find someone on the consultants team to issue a rpt blood form that you could go get done?

My DH spoke with the secretary and she said we would have to wait until our appointment because the consultant was on holiday. I've got an appointment with my GP tomorrow so I will ask her if she can arrange anything for us.
I haven't stopped crying all day about this and my heads thumping now :-(

That secretary sounds like a jobsworth. All consultants will have cross cover for when they are away and a whole team of juniors. Your gp won't be able to do all the rmc tests, but hopefully will help you and amybe ring the hospital to give them an earful on your behalf?

Fliss is right, Consultants will have someone to cover their holidays. I think it is terrible they are making you wait again, I feel for you hon, I really do xx

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I do know of someone who has a chromosome disorder and she has a healthy baby. I know the risks are so much higher though. When we were waiting for our results I remember feeling terrified of bad news after everything we had gone through, I even said to dh that I didn't want the results and should we just carry on ttc. However in my heart I did need to know. Thankfully it was clear. We were told it was very, very rare that they had encountered chromosome abnormalities from blood tests. I guess I'm just trying anything to put you at ease, as you must be in agony, I hope it helps, even just a bit :) big hugs xxxx

It's only bloods to check our chromosomes, not a full rmc set of bloods. I was hoping the GP would phone and arrange for us to go to the mat unit to have them repeated because it was the midwife there that took them the first time round and it would only need another consultant to sign the request form.
Robyner, that's good your friend has a healthy baby. We've been told its highly unlikely that we have a chromosome problem and that it's been just one of those things, but DH won't TTC again without getting the all clear :-( I would happily jump straight into it again and take our chances.

:( I'm so, so sad for you, honestly. I remember how traumatic it was waiting. Xxx

Ahh Karen I'm sorry to here this hun I can understand why you're upset. Is it worth re-pushing to have your bloods taken before 5th to speed things up? The 5th isn't long to wait if not, only 2wks, can you book a last min weekend away to make the wait go quicker?.

Probably not much comfort, but try to think of this as a break for body so you're in tip top condition for when you do try again.

My GP is phoning them to see if she can arrange for the bloods to be repeated sooner, hopefully she can.

I really hope you can get your bloods done sooner-How horrible for you. Xxx

Id be so upset too hospitals are a joke most of the time
:( big cuddles hun hope ur ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2