So upset!

Seb

Reaction score
Got a lovely letter through the door yesterday to say I have those dangerous PIP implants. I'm obviously very worried about that but I'm even more annoyed as I'll now have to put a hold on ttc until I have an operation to remove/replace them. I just hope they haven't leaked or ruptured, even if they haven't I'll prob never b able to breastfeed :cry:

So sorry hun :hugs:
I know 4 girls who have them and they are absolutely petrified, especially after the programme on itv a few nights back.
One of my friends can't afford to remove and replace and is heartbroken as she's 4 months pregnant at the moment.
The other three are having to get bank loans to pay to replace them, nightmare :hugs: x

Oh Seb I am so sorry that is not the news you want when ttc!

I hope its all sorted soon!

xx

Yeah it's awful, not something I can afford either. The small 'baby fund' we had started will now have to go on this & a loan for the rest. I'm seeing my surgeon next week hopefully so I'll know more then. I'm due to ovulate in a few days, its crap, I don't wanna stop trying! xx

Oh sweetie, that's so awful and I think the way it's been handled by the government/plastic surgeons is shocking.... I really wish I could say something helpful, but the whole situation is just rubbish... Hopefully you'll get it sorted out really quickly so you can carry on ttc very soon - big hugs :hugs:xx

Oh seb my heart really does go out to you! Been following this story on the news and its a disgrace the way women have been treated and just left not knowing what will happen. I think I saw on the news that the NHS are now going to fund removal in cases where the original surgeon wont/cant, so hopefully that's one less thing to worry about with how you will pay for it (although not sure if they are replacing or just removing).

From what I've seen sweetie, the people who's implants have been leaking have felt seriously unwell and had symptoms, so I'm sure you would know if yours had been. They are just recommending removal as a precaution so that they won't cause you any trouble in the future :)

Know exactly how you feel re. having to have a break from TTC. So depressing isn't it! Think positive though hun, health comes first as we want to be totally healthy ready for our babas when we get them :) I am trying to think of it this way... I can hopefully start to ttc again in june or july and who knows, I might get my bfp the very first month (unlikely but still!). Whereas if I carried on ttc now, it still might have taken 6 months, a year or more to get pg- there are no guarantees either way. So even though its a break from ttc, it might still end up being the same month that it was always meant to be. I hope that makes sense lol, it does in my head. Its just cheering me up a bit to think of it like that, rather than as a delay!

See you in WTT... It seems really quiet in there, so come on over and talk to me! :) and let us know how you get on xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back