So this part is petrifying me .....

BellaRiven

Reaction score
Ok, I can do the being pregnant bit not much fun but I can cope, I can do the baby bit after no problems.

What I can't do is the part in between the labour part, it is scaring the bewazzits out of me and I mean to the point it's waking me up panicking, I can't help it.

I was there for 3 of my sisters kids births and I have seen the pain, I so want mine to be different, I don;t want a C Section I want it naturally but this fear is HUGE!!

I am thinking of trying hypnobirthing as I have been told that can help, but does anyone have any other hints or tips other than just get on with it!!!!!!!

with me being pinned to the bed by the monitors I asked for epidural after a day and a bit once I had that I was like yes I can grab some sleep. x The pain does come in waves and was horrible. Only way I can describe it was really bad bowel craps as in the bit before you explode with diarrorea (cnt speell for toffee) but I have bad IBS and that is a par on the pain scale for me I hate tummy pain x

Last edited:
i had great labours, not all are bad, but i think relaxing is the key!

Im currently doing the hypnoborthing thing, i have a tendancy to panic so wanted something to help with that mainly and ive been listening to it for about 4 weeks now and I can see it helping, dont know about the pain side but everything helps if your that scared. I used to be sooooo afraid but at the moment my mothering instinct is kicking in and her being out safely is all that matters so im trying to focus on that rather than the pain!

Your body and natural instincts will kick in. I wouldn't think about it for now. Enjoy each milestone as it comes. The kicks, movements...etc.xx

I think looking after a baby is much harder but then I had an epidural

Labour wasn't painful for me :) I was absolutely terrified of giving birth but when it actually came to the day, I did it on just gas and air and had a very positive experience. Makes me a little bit scared about next time though (if there is a next time!!). Not all labours are bad, I loved mine. xxx

I second what the ladies have said.... Not all labours are the stuff of nightmares!!
Staying relaxed is key, as is just going with the pain and seeing it as a positive thing, a step along the way to meeting your baby.
I've just had our little lady, and had a "hands off" water birth this time round....totally recommend it!!!! No pain relief required, no stitches, no tearing. The "hands off" bit means that the midwife didn't deliver her.... I did!!! My hands guided her out and up...was amazing!!!!
You'll be fine..... Just stop focusing on the pain aspect... It's not always a negative thing :)

I've been doing natal hypnotherapy and as soon as I feel the apprehension creeping in I listen again. Giving birth is something I have always worried about but I'm not too scared at the moment. Xx

I second what the ladies have said.... Not all labours are the stuff of nightmares!!
Staying relaxed is key, as is just going with the pain and seeing it as a positive thing, a step along the way to meeting your baby.
I've just had our little lady, and had a "hands off" water birth this time round....totally recommend it!!!! No pain relief required, no stitches, no tearing. The "hands off" bit means that the midwife didn't deliver her.... I did!!! My hands guided her out and up...was amazing!!!!
You'll be fine..... Just stop focusing on the pain aspect... It's not always a negative thing :)

I had the same thing and it was great, I,ll defo be doing having another hands off water birth.

I had an epidural and I had a bad birth but at the time i felt nothing and the staff r so reassuring u will be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back