so terrified, now a waiting game

rubyraven

Reaction score
last thing before I went to bed on Tuesday night I went to the loo and when I wiped there was some bright red blood on the loo roll, after a few wipes it was gone. I went to bed and amazingly managed to fall asleep until 7 in the morning when I went through to the loo again and there was some brown blood but no more red.
I phoned my midwife at 8 and she told me to try not to worry, to get plenty of rest and just to keep an eye on the blood loss. The brown stuff continued most of Wednesday, never on my pants only when I wiped.
Thursday started off well, nothing until about 4 in the afternoon and the brown stuff was back again. This time I decided to phone the early pregnancy unit at the hospital. I told the midwife what had happened and she booked me in for an appointment on Monday morning.
This morning I got up and there was more red blood, this time a wee bit on my underwear too, followed once again by the brown, this has now been on and off all day again.
I phoned the hospital again early this afternoon and they told me that they couldn't take me in as an emergency unless I was bleeding heavily, enough to soak a sanitary towel per hour, and the bleeding is nothing near as heavy as that, so it's just a case of having to sit and wait it out til Monday morning.
Sorry for such a long post, I am just absolutely terrified and I can't concentrate on anything it's just continually going through my mind. It's the not knowing what's going on that's the worst part.
It was a stressful start to the week when my husband slipped on Sunday and banged his head and ended up in a&e for a brain scan so I've been worried about him and now he's worried about me.
I'm just so scared.

Oh Hun you poor thing, what a week your having!

It's going to be a long weekend for you, but fingers crossed all will be well for you on Monday.xx

it will bw a long weekend but try not to worry yourself too much many people have bleeding at the start of their pregnacy..
Fingers crossed for Monday

Hi, not experienced this but didnt want to read and run, will be keeping FX for you for Monday xx

Aw sorry to hear ur not having a good week!

I'll pray the weekend speeds by for u and hope that all is ok at the scan xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

So sorry to read this. I know how scary bleeding can be - I had a similar experience at around the same time as you in my previous pregnancy (and now have a happy healthy 17 month old). Try not to worry too much (easier said than done I know) but the fact that the blood goes brown is a good sign x

Thank you everybody for your good wishes it is very much appreciated. Kiwi what you've said has really helped to settle my mind a bit.
I'm still feeling really tired, quite nauseous and my breasts are still tender so I'm holding on to these as good signs! I haven't had any cramps as such, I have a vague stomach pain but I think that is more because I am so nervous and anxious rather than being an actual pain if you know what I mean.
I'm up visiting my mum and she's trying to look after me by making me broth and roast chicken and things and making me sit in the cimfy chair by the fire so at least I've got someone looking after me while my hubby is still a wee bit out of it following his concussion x

Aww bless you hun, really hope that the weekend speeds by for you. So glad you are being well looked after xx

You poor thing, hope Monday gets here really quick. Two of my friends had bleeding and went on to have healthy babies so Hopefully that's the case for you. Thinking of you xx

Really hope everything goes well on Monday hun. Fx for you :hug: and I'm glad you have your mum to look after you :) hope the hub is better soon xx

*hugs*, i hope the weekend goes really quick for you!, least it's a morning appt so you don't have to wait all day FX let us know how you get on.

I never had the red blood but brown when wipeing my gp said it is common in first trimester so did my midwife ! so try not 2 worry

Really hope all is ok and Monday comes quickly for you hun :hugs: x x

Rest up hun. but dont be too worried...i had similar with my first pregnancy around 9weeks it lasted a couple of weeks but we now have a healthy 3year old! No further probs and the bleeding died down around wk12. I know its terrifying but try to stay positivebi spent a miserable 5days wondering whilst waiting for the early scan and all was fine.

i hope this is the case for you fingers xd. xx

thank you so much for all your support ladies. I'm feeling really doubtful today that everything is going to be ok, but will just have to wait till tomorrow to find out. I'm crying as I type this, just feel so frustrated and helpless and wish the bleeding would just bugger off xx

sorry this might be tmi, I keep going to the loo every hour or so to check what's going on and although there's always 'stuff' there when I wipe it never seems to make it onto my underwear - I'm going to have to try and calm down but it's easier said than done :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back