so so scared

Welshhunniexx

Reaction score
our eldest told us Monday at bedtime that she had fallen on wood at nursery and hurt her foofoo. I gave it a check and there was a little bit of blood but I noticed 2 lumps down there. now shes had what we thought was a skin tag since birth, even took her to the docs about it and they said its nothing to worry about.
My OH has taken her to the docs today as she was saying it hurt to wee amd the doc has said the lumps are genital warts and he thinks the 'skintag' is also a wart. now the only person we know that has gw is my mam and she has our eldest every weekend.
The doctor had to call social services and im so scared both my girls are going to be taken of us. I cant stop crying

Sorry I have no advice, didn't want to read and run. Surely your children won't be taken away from you though as you haven't done anything wrong, hopefully it's just precautionary xxx

tapatalking x

We havnt, neither of us could do anything at all to either of them. its just wev had the social called a few times before as our house was a mess and too many animals. thats all sorted now but im afraid it may be the last straw for them. also, our friend down the road had her kids taken iff her a few years back as her husband was aggressive towards her. she threw him out but her kids still got taken. my babies are the world to me and I really dont know what id do without them

Genital warts are transmitted with close skin to skin sexual contact.
To he fair how your girl got them surely needs investigation and measurements have to be taken.
If your mum (not even going to think about sexual assault here) has such bad hygiene that manage to transmit gw to your girl with no sexual contact then she shouldn't be near your babies at all.
SS they don't get the babies away with no reason and if everything is ok then you have nth to be afraid as they will be very helpful.
If I recall you had ss before for your girl? (Sorry if mistaken) because the house wasn't clean or sth? In that occasion I suppose things may not look perfect but i am sure it can be solved somehow?

we've had social services come out had do assessments on us due to allegations made about lo's grandad (completely malicious and proved to be untrue by the police last week)

I know it's hard but try not to worry, obviously they will come and do an assessment which just involves a lot of talking about who has access to your kids, any possible way u can think of that she could have got genital warts etc

just try and remember they're there to protect your lo's, if somehow ud missed someone abusing/neglecting them ud want someone else to stop it, that's how I thought about it anyway.

ask social service when they do an assessment, it may be beneficial to give them access to yours and your oh's medical records so u can prove neither of u have genital warts and therefore couldn't have given them to her? they won't take your kids off u unless they think they are in immediate significant danger of abuse or neglect (which they're obviously not!)

:hugs:

just e honest with them and they'll see what great parents u r xxxxx

my mam caught them a few years back but kept denying it and has only in the past few months accepted it and started to get treatment. yes, that was US and it was all sorted and im know cleaning fully everyday as they put fire up my bum lol.

I'm so sorry to hear this.. I tried looking on the web to see if it can be transmitted through towels, non sexual skin contact, but it appears not. If this is correct and (sorry to say this) it turns out to be some kind of abuse, i sure hope social services look into the nursery before accussing you! I really hope it all works out for you.xxx

Hope it all works out and your little girl is ok! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just a thought , as I have no experience of gw, but aren't they a virus in which case may it not be possible that your daughter was born with the virus , if this is possible I would guess you may have had it too during the pregnancy , sometimes viruses are not always very visable.
Anyway I'm sure it will get sorted and you won't lose your children, good luck xx

Did you say that you took her to the doctors before about them and they said it was skin tags? Well at least that will be on record that you/your partner was trying to find out what they was?

Really hope it's been caught in a simple way and nothing heart breaking

Hugs Hun to you as we'll as your loans I'm sure you are so worried but be honest and let them do there job as I know if my lo got something like that I myself would get them and the police involved myself as I would want to know why!

Hugs xx

Hope you can get to the bottom of it, it does sound worrying x

Is the Dr sure they are genital warts? Is there any say you can request to see a different Dr for a second opinion? Clutching at straws a bit but it may be a misdiagnosis?
Really Hope it all works out ok hun. So sorry you are all going through this xxx

Is the Dr sure they are genital warts? Is there any say you can request to see a different Dr for a second opinion? Clutching at straws a bit but it may be a misdiagnosis?
Really Hope it all works out ok hun. So sorry you are all going through this xxx

I was going to say that, could they be skin tags? Has a dermatologist confirmed? x

Sorry to hear you are going through this hun, no wonder you are scared it's a bloody scary situation :shock:

Whilst it seems the GP was very quick to diagnose and involve social services I know if there is any suspicion something untoward they need to make sure it is reported immediately.

I know GW can be passed from mother to baby (although bub wouldn't end up with GW, they would just get the virus)

It all sounds very worrying and I pray it is all a misdiagnosis

xxxxxx

well they have been and gone, came with 2 plain clothed police women. They were saying it could be transfered through towels but not 100% certain. they questioned our eldest alone and they said she didnt say anything bad and said no one had touched her in anyway like that. they are going to get back to us tomorrow but all seems well thankfully.
No dermatologist involved, just the doctor had a look and just said its def gw. there was one skintag before and ss did check with the surgery and they confirmed it was diagnosed by a diffent doc as just that, a skin tag.
Quite relieved now

so glad it went ok and more importantly your lo is ok xxx

Glad it went okay. Bet you are relieved xxx

tapatalking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member