So sick of parents :(

lozzle

Reaction score
Sorry for the rant everyone just really upset and not sure what to do with myself.

So following on from the situation when I told my mum I was pregnant at 12 weeks it gets worse, long story short at 12 weeks before I had a chance to tell her I was pregnant I get a message off her saying they has known for weeks (don't know how as I'd only known a few weeks myself) that they weren't happy and then went on to ask whose the baby was even though I've been with OH 2 years so I phoned her to ask why she would ask that and she was very nasty just repeated they weren't happy then hung up. I'm now 18 weeks and haven't heard off her since but I didn't let it bother me just thought they would come round in time.

On Saturday me and OH had a private gender scan and have found out we are having a boy, we are over the moon, my granny is over the moon this will be the first boy in my family since my dad and his brother so thought my parents would be at least pleased so I text my dad to let him know cause thought that would be better then not telling them but also told my dad how DD is getting on at big school anyway I get a message back just talking about Amelia, no mention of baby which kind of got to me.

Anyway fast forward to today and my granny phones to say my mum has been on phone to her saying that my dad is furious as I am 'throwing my life away' apparently, they don't care if its a boy and how stupid I am having a baby with 'him' referring to my other half. Needless to say I am really upset now I thought things would blow over but now I don't even know if they will want anything to so with their grandson. I feel very unwanted right now, I understand them being disappointed but I'm their daughter and thought they'd support me.

Sorry for the rant just not sure what to do

Thats really awful! Its horrible that they arent supporting you. Best thing to do is to leave them to it. Theyll soon come round! They will soon want to know you as soon as baby is here. Im sorry i cant give much advice.

My OH mum is very queit about our baby at the moment. Theres always some negative comment when it comes to baby. And it just annoys the hell out of me. I just have to sit their and bite my tongue xxx

Oh my goodness how awful. So you've already got a daughter? You're obviously old enough and very responsible so why should this baby be any different?! I feel very sorry for you I'm sure they'll regret how they've acted so childish when they see his cute little face and hopefully they'll apologise for being so rude. Keep your chin up and if you need to rant you can alway talk to everyone on here xxxxxx big hugs xxxxx

Why are they so disapointed ? I don't understand. & how are you throwing your life away what did they want you to be doing with it? :S

Xx

Before I found out I was pregnant I was studying nursing at university but I was finding it difficult trying to do the essays and work 37.5 hour weeks on placement so was thinking of leaving before I found out. I may return to it but my parents just assume I've left and that's it I think that's why but at the same time my DD and poor OH were suffering as I never had time for them and when I did I was tired it wasn't working, my mum worked all the time when we were growing up and I don't want my DD wondering where I am or why I am so grumpy!

Katyloumc - I know when I had my DD I was still living with parents and I never got offered any help and I never asked for any but was still expected to take my little sisters to nursery school so I don't know why they are bothered I have my own house and I won't be going to them for anything!!

By the way my mum has 3 new kids 9,8 and 1 the most recent she never even told anyone in the family she was pregnant until she had had the baby, apart from my 22 year old sister who is the golden child in my mums eyes!

Double standards then! It's ok for her to have a baby and not you, who clearly is capable of looking after one. I completely sympathise with you on the studying front, I'm doing exams and on my last one I completely lost interest because it doesn't seem like a priority anymore, and spending all of your time working and studying when there are more important things wear you down. When your baby gets older there's no stopping you going back to it when you've got more time on your hands. Let them get on with it, hopefully they'll come around xxx

Thanks for the support I'm feeling better now OH is home and has cheered me up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back