So self conscious and upset!

Maaaaaac

Reaction score
Since the weather is so nice, i decided to go for a walk round the local park (theres a big swan and duck pond, its lovely) When I was there, these kids were talking about me and said I looked ridiculous and like a tramp in leggings. I know they're kids and its stupid but im just in the house bawling! Feel so massive and at shirt and leggings isnt that bad! Feel so stupid and silly, sorry i just wanted to rant cause my OH is at work and im on my own. Im assuming hormones are to blame for how upset i am.

Last edited:
Hun, don't listen to kids - they know nothing about what fashion is like for the pregnant and swelling!! Leggings as super comfortable and forgiving for the expanding bellylies, leggings and a shirt are a classic combination that a lot of kids would be wearing, not everyone dresses like a stripper in summer!! You're beautiful and your baby isn't judging you. Hope you're OK now.

I've noticed swelling today (only 14 weeks) and my wedding rings are soon tight I feel like a complete frump. Xx

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I just can't believe how upset it made me! Feel better now some tv and fruit (i want to crave fun things, not fruit lol!) yeah my engagement ring doesn't fit :( wedding ring still has a bit of give so hopefully that stays on.

Thanks for words of encouragement! Needed it :)

Don't let them upset you. They're just kids. I was asked by a middle aged man on Friday if I'm having twins. I said I'm not, unless both scans were incorrect he said - I bet they're wrong!!! In other words you're huge!!! I just laughed. Chin up Sweetcheeks xxx

Don't let it get you down. You are able to grow a HUMAN inside of you and kids don't even understand what it's like to to be pregnant. You are beautiful, inside and out and just know that your baby and OH loves you. They're just kids and probably have no life, so decide to hurt other's feelings. Chin up!

One day when they're pregnant they'll understand. Big hugs xxxxx

Awk thank you everyone! I cant believe I took it so bad! Since when have I ever cared! Hubbys gonna take me out for dinner to cheer me up so not all bad!

How horrible for you! Be comforted by the fact that anyone who says stuff like that, especially kids that age, do it out of their own insecurities and it has nothing to do with you!

I would have felt exactly the same, though. Hope the wee buggers fell in the pond.

Enjoy your nice meal with hubby x

Awh Hun, they have no idea what they talking about!! I don't know what they would say if they seen me then!! I am
Dressing comfortable as much as possible!! I remember a man asking my friend if she was pregnant when she wasn't and was so upset. A little girl asked me if I was pregnant when I wore a skater skirt haha. Someone also said to me the other day 'Awh I looked like you when I was pregnant - I was really tired' hahaha I put some fake tan on now!! I would have cried too tho - I cry at adverts and everything these days.

Remember the amazing miracle that is happening with your body and smile because ur doing the best you can xx

Last edited:
I wore Leggings and shirts all the time BEFORE I was even pregnant lol... Little shits :) hope you had a lovely meal out and enjoyed yourselves xxx

:hugs:

Kids can be so cruel! But ignore them, you're a beautiful pregnant lady! I probably look like a house end in my leggings :lol:

Aww hun kids can be so mean! It's so hot at the mo, you just wear whatever you feel comfortable in! x

I had 2 teenage girls standing with me at the traffic lights last week and they were loudly debating if I was pregnant or not.....they came to the conclusions that no, I was just fat!

Last edited:
Awk thank you so much everyone, i know it was silly and i completely overreacted but i became so sensitive lol!

Fluffycat thats awful! What wee shits!

Children can be so fickle, try and ignore them your growing a beautiful baby inside you and when there old enough and have a baby of their own they'll understand! My mums friend saw me the other day in the supermarket and said 'god your massive' i wanted to punch her!!!!

Everyone carries differently ive started off a size 10 in all my pregnancies and gained 5 stone and after birth always been a size 16/18, it takes me at least 6-12 months to lose all the weight and i can honestly say its completely woth every stretch mark and bit of cellulite to be a mummy xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back