So ready for mat leave and baby due date!

KirstyLeigh88

Reaction score
Sorry ladies, grumpy post!

I am so ready for maternity leave, two whole frigging weeks tomorrow until I leave! It's not that the job is too much for me or anything, it's just that work have had me slowly 'winding down' over the last few months and now I am left doing hardly anything during the day... apart from daydream about a time when I could sleep and not have to pee as much! Plus daydream about having my little man in my arms!

These last two weeks are going to go so slow, I know it. The good thing is next week I have two days off, which I am so looking forward to, one of which is my 36 week scan to see how much the chubby bean roughly weighs now!

I am ready to have the baby now, but at the same time want him to stay in there to cook for longer...!!! It's a catch 22 situation!

Anyway, little moan over... must be a hormonal day!

Winding down, I wish, working as hard as ever here unfortunately and I finish two weeks tomorrow! - Cover not started yet either :wall:

Hope things fly by for you xxx

Good that they are winding you down so you aren't run ragged but I totally get the slow thing!!
I finish in 18 days and I'm on a self imposed wind down!!
Just try and enjoy the last 2 weeks being paid to do not much, take advantage! x

We are all in the same boat love.
I am so ready to meet baby too but also they can stay put until 37 at least. Thankfully that's only Tuesday & I finish work a week today for mat leave. It can't come quick enough. Hope time flies for us all :)

We are ALL on the count down now not long till we all finish work for Mat leave then it's the waiting game for us ladies xx

Aww it will be here before you know it. I had to wind down too, to the point where they basically found me a chair told me to sit and do all the computer jobs ... I have a very physical job as I work in an X-ray dept and run around all day. So to be placed on a chair sucked, by the time i finished I could barely walk though and was on crutches lol ... But io can fully understand and appreciate your frustration with the slowing down ... I had never clock watched so much in my life .... On the positive you are only a few weeks away from having your baby in your arms :) x

Thanks ladies. I just needed a moan and rant more than anything! I knew you would all understand being in the same boat. I cannot wait for the day I have him in my arms. Had my antenatal class about labour tonight, made me want it even more!

Thanks again ladies x

I know exactly how you feel I finish 2 weeks tomorrow and it can't come soon enough! My job is quite physical as I work with 2 year olds and I have a almost 3 year old at home so definitely no rest for me my knees are so sore by the end of the day and I'm so stiff. Roll on resting time when mat leave starts and hoping baby makes an early appearance xx

It's my last day in the office Tomorrow and I'll be 38w+2 days.... Had my final accounts exam today too..... Totally ready to put my feet up now and can't wait for bubba to arrive.

Hang in there ladies!! X

Everyone is doing incredibly well :) and we all need a rant every now and then too. I just keep thinking of the end result and having my 2 babies in my arms, going home being able to sleep on my tummy and having a nice glass of red (as I am bottle feeding so it is allowed) I also cannot wait for night time feeds ... There is something nice about them and this time my husband and I can do them together. And most of all we will be a complete family consisting of 3 boys under the age of 3, 2 dogs and 2 fish ... Oh and of course the other child in my life - my husband :)

After all it is the end result that pushes us through each day of pregnancy isn't it, no matter how tired/ill/fed up we feel, we put ourselves through it for the beautiful bundle of joy at the end ... So whenever you need a rant (any of you) rant away on here as we all understand in some way or another x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back