So many appointments....

Amy0801

Reaction score
I saw my midwife for my booking in appointment last Friday and literally a few days later I got the date through for my 12 week scan which is on 23rd may and then about 2 days after that I got another 2 appointments through for 2 dates in July to see a antinatal consultant as I had an emergency c-section with my daughter and I have said I want this baby naturally so I am having shared care?? I sort of feeling like my life has been taken over by all these appointments! I don't really want to sit and discuss why I had a section 7 years ago and how I recovered..it happened because nothing went according to plan and the last 2 midwifes out of 4 that i had were rubbish and kept leaving me in the room on my own!! Sorry for my little rant..im feeling tired, fed up and my stomach hurts..I struggled to find any clothes for work this morning that didn't make me look even more pregnant..I just feel as though it's really obvious! Also is it normal to have more bowel movements in early pregnancy because I have been to the loo about 5 times today..twice at work which I hate! Urrggghh :(

Most women suffer from constipation but I seemed to go the other way in general. I had to dash to the loo rather rapidly at odd times like in the middle of the night in the begining of my other pregnancies.

You could just say you dont want to see the consultant. Its not like they can make you :). When it comes to it you might find it is actually nice to get extra chances to ask questions etc. You might even get to hear the hearbeat.

I'm almost 9 weeks and I've got no appointments yet

That's a bit strange isn't it?? I saw my midwife at 8 weeks in my first pregnancy..I won't see her again until June now but I have these other appointments for the shared care and my dating scan! Maybe the waiting lists are longer depending on where you live?? Xx

I'm nearly 10 weeks and so far I've had 3 appts. My first MW appt, an Early Pregnancy scan at 8 weeks & my booking appt for bloods.
My scan is on 19th may, another MW appt following that in June then I'm also seeing the consultant because I had to have last baby early due to health reasons. I have hypermobility syndrome so will be consultant lead from around 18 weeks MW advised. With my last I had so many appointments because I saw midwife and consultant but then from 30 weeks I had growth scans every 2 weeks until the end x

There was a mix up as I have recently changed GP so the referral didn't go through saw my new GP on Tuesday and was re referred so hoping I'll hear something soon in the meantime I've booked myself in for a private scan next week

They're obviously trying to look after you well, but I guess if you don't want the appointments you shouldn't have to have them. Can you ask not to have them?
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back