So impatient!

mandspice

Reaction score
I saw my GP today and got the usual response: "It's so early, how do you know you're pregnant?" er....because I've done 5 tests, AF is 4 days late and my boobs feel like rocks...! :wall: I hate these first few weeks, they never take you seriously until they believe the pregnancy is "viable" (horrible word).

Anyway, she booked me a scan for 2 weeks time, to rule out ectopic, so I guess I just have to sit tight til then... xx

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I found out about a week and a half ago and went straight off to the GP. Mine didn't even ask how I knew I was pregnant - I even dragged my husband along (can't quite make him give up the booze too, but he's going to be supportive whether he likes it or not! :lol: ) and when we came out, he said that he could quite well have said he was pregnant! I also saw the midwife, because I had kidney problems earlier this year, so they need to monitor things, but she was even less interested. Not unpleasant, but didn't really want to see me till she comes to inspect the house at week ten! Oh, I mean see me. Ah well, I am trying to take it that no news is good news.

Hiya,

Same here, the doc didn't even do a test to confirm (so I just did my 5th to make sure I'm not going mad!)....But you're right, we're just gonna have to sit back and enjoy our new status for a few weeks!

I pretty much had the same response from my mw but I told her I only went to see her as early as I did because I asked the receptionist for an appointment with the doctor so I could get my folic acid and the receptionist told me that I would need to see the mw for that. The mw said no I need to see the doctor for it but she would ask the doctor for a script for me which she did. Hey girls it could be worse, I have a social worker not for anything I did wrong but have suffered bad depression in the past so they're there to support me now, well I mentioned to mw that I had a social worker and her reply "will it be safe to come to your house" ummmmm yeah i'm not a nut cracker because I have a social worker you moron. I've had the same in the past with joanna when I took her to a stand in doctor for nappy rash and he saw my notes that I had a social worker, asked me 100 questions why i had a social worker, is she on the at risk register which i replied no cause she aint and he then went on to ask had anybody recntly sexually abused her. I'm like she's got simple nappy rash you prat although I didnt say that but I did make a formal complaint after to surgery manager and got an appology. So girls enjoy your early days cause at least you're not being treated like a criminal lol.

I haven't even been to my GP yet because I know they don't do anything much about it at the early stages so I'm gonna book an appointment for a couple of weeks. They don't test to confirm anymore because the tests you buy are the same ones they would use so if it says pregnant it's pretty much 100% that you are. They rarely have false positives.

Hi,

I don't think the med profession are particularly interested until one gets to about 24 weeks to be honest. When I had my first I was doing the Southampton Womens' Survey which was really great because I got loads of extra tests, scans etc. However, when I had my 2nd I had about 2 m/w appointments bf 20 weeks and a scan at 20 weeks; there was no interest whatesoever until after I'd seen the consultant (which I think was between 20-24 weeks).

I thought first time Mums particularly need more appointments and support.

My Mum always reminds me how, in her day, you went to the doc after 2 missed periods, they felt your cervix and said "yes, you're pregnant" and that was about it until delivery :rotfl: So I guess we should try and relax!

I'm sorry you guys have had such mean people you've spoken to.

I went into register with my doctor when I was 4.4 weeks, and they registered me straight away. Saw the doctor the next dsay, who was really nice, and he put the request in for my early scan. The day afgter that the midwife phoned and booked my 8week appointment.

I saw her yesterday, and she was absolutely lovely!! Kinda cant wait to see her again, cause she just put my mind at ease with everything. It was like chatting to a friend that you've known for ages!! Maybe it depends on the area?? (big city hospital vs small town one)??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back