So I did some extra attention on my trip to midwife

TORino

Reaction score
She made me stand on the scales :(

And then she told me I have put too much weight on!!

Then she couldn't get blood and tried 3 times and has left me bruised and bleeding.

And I didn't get to listen to heartbeat.

Fabulous :cry:

How crap!!!
God, how to make a pregnant woman feel worse about things!
Hope you're ok! Xxxx

My word, that sounds like a really bad midwife! Do they not know that it doesn't take much to upset us in the fragile hormonal state we're in!! my mw said they don't weigh us anymore and she hasn't as of yet. I don't want to go on the scales.

xxx

That's terrible Hun. Try and have a pamper session tonight and put your feet up. Put a feel good film on.xx

I was totally not expecting being weighed.

I didn't think they bothered! Bah

I've put 2 stone on so far so my aim was going to be no more than 3.

She told me not to do anything crazy too like try and diet or anything like that.

Why doesn't she listen to the heartbeat? That is part of the standard care a midwife is supposed to give?! Did she listen with a pinnard? (Plastic tube thing, means that she would be able to hear it but you wouldn't). If she didn't listen in at all I would personally phone the hospital and tell them, and also explain how rubbish it makes you feel at your appointments - it is a national guideline that midwives should listen in to the fetal heart at every antenatal appointment xx

:hugs: what a rubbish midwife. mine hasnt weighed me since first appointment thank goodness. try not to let it get to you hun. xx

Why doesn't she listen to the heartbeat? That is part of the standard care a midwife is supposed to give?! Did she listen with a pinnard? (Plastic tube thing, means that she would be able to hear it but you wouldn't). If she didn't listen in at all I would personally phone the hospital and tell them, and also explain how rubbish it makes you feel at your appointments - it is a national guideline that midwives should listen in to the fetal heart at every antenatal appointment xx

She didn't listen at all :( I was 15 mins late going in because she was behind and too upset to mention it after the 3 attempts at getting blood and then being told I have put too much weight on.

It was a bit rushed again :(

Awwww honey, what a poop midwife! I've not been weighed once, I don't think it's productive telling a pregnant woman she's put on too much weight - I've put on loads but our bodies do what they do. Sounds very old fashioned. Ignore her and pamper yourself to cheer yourself up. :hugs:

I'd ask to change mw if I was you, which you are allowed to do. So sorry she made you feel so rubbish hun :hugs: x x

I got weighed at the very start so they could work out my BMI but not since, And they are never funny or snotty with my weight (which is a lot). If she isn't listening to heartbeat etc maybe its time to complain? There is a minimum they do which is normally Blood pressure, urine dip, heartbeat. At every single appointment at your stage. xx

I've only ever been weighed at the start of my care when they were working out my BMI,
Can't believe she didn't listen to the babys heartbeat :( X

Ah hunny sorry it was a crap appointment again :hug:

I have put on 2 stone too. I've not been weighed by mw since my booking in appointment and even though she knows I have a doppler she still listens to hb. I would complain if I were you xxxxxxx

I too have only ever been weighed at the beginning for BMI purposes! She should always listen to baby!! Even though I have been being seen twice a week, she always has a listen to baby! If she is running behind then that's her fault, not yours and your appointment should never be cut short because of it!! Time to change your midwife or put a complaint in I'd say!! X x x

That's rubbish. :(. My midwife made me jump on the scales at around 28 weeks too... But she didn't tell me off even though I'd put on a fair bit of weight - they're not supposed to make you feel crap. She actually tried t make me feel better, as she could see I was already feeling crap about it, which I appreciated. You should complain, if only because she hasn't attempted to listen to HB, and ask to see a different MW next time.

I wonder what she wrote in your notes about the heartbeat if she didn't bother doing it?

What does she expect you to do about the weight gain now? I hear loads of people putting on nearly 3 stone and it has no negative affect whatsoever.

I remember last time getting weighed at the beginning and before being induced, I guess in case you need anaesthetic or something. 28 weeks sounds pointless.

She should have listened in to baby at this stage lazy cow!

Really don't worry about ur weight Hun! I got weighed at booking in appt an 36 weeks. I put on 2.5 stone and she said it was fine x

oh hun...that is not the kind of extra attention you want!!

Does seem strange that she hasn't listened to heartbeat - like the others said she obv then can't write anything in your notes...strange how things differ. When is you next appointment booked for? May be oyu need to speak to her beforehand about the issues - busy or need they need to ensure your LO is ok.

And re: the weight - i haven't een weighed since the beginning, and haven't weighed myself (too scared!!) but have my appointment next Mon....

That is awful. Like most of the girls I have not been weighed apart from my booking appointment and was told they don't do it because it serves no purpose as all women put on weight differently and a huge range is fine. I have put on over 2 stone at 28 weeks and have put on nearly 3 stone now but everyone keeps commenting how small my bump is so I dread to think where all the weight is going :oooo:
Who cares anyway I'm sure I can lose it when LO is born, for now I want her to get all the nutrients she needs and if that means I get huge then that is fine.

How rubbish definitely ask for another midwife!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back