So here's where I am...

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
I've taken a little time out of TTC, because for want of a better expression, it's been really fucking hard.

Long story short: we've been trying since December/January (had danger pokes in December and then actually started legit trying in January). I was still breastfeeding my son during my Dec, Jan, Feb and most of my March cycles - I stopped nursing on Good Friday. From tracking my cycles I think I've got a luteal phase defect (LPD), averaging 9-10 days, so I thought stopping the breastfeeding would help. We didn't try at all in April, I was all over the shop with my hormones and emotions - though my LP did increase to 13 days! So we started again from this month and we tried a more laid back approach, no temping, no OPK's etc but I nearly missed my OV window as I wasn't keeping a close eye on my dates! Then, on top of everything else I realised I was actually ovulating a whole week later when I had a huge gush of EWCM when I was out one day. We managed to DTD on the day of my positive OPK (which turned out to be CD27) and the day after, but I'm getting some spotting today at 11dpo which means I'm out... Again.

I really didn't prepare myself for the long TTC game as I fell so quickly with my DD and DS. I don't want to be consumed and obsessed with TTC but it takes over so much of thinking that I can't help it.

I've started taking Agnus Castus/Vitex today and B Complex to hopefully help the luteal phase and I guess I can only hope and just keep trying. From reading on the subject of breastfeeding related LPD's, I just need to give my body time. AC worked for me when conceiving my daughter, so here's hoping.

Just writing this all down really to try and get it out of my head, but if anyone has any similar experiences, it would be great to hear.

I'm on month 22 TTC #1 with no BFP.

Could you try to take your mind off it a little? You have 2 lovely children who no doubt keep you very busy as it is! We don't have any children and it looks like we never will so it's a bit harder to distract ourselves from TTC but I have started to learn to save my sanity.

I really doubt you will be here long Hun xxx

Do you use Fertility apps? Once a few cycles are in they're pretty good, and accurate about Oving... and you don't have to do a lot just put in start and end of period, cm.
But really i think opks are the best, only way to actually know :/
You haven't been trying for that long, and ikno you said you fell quickly with first 2, but an average couple takes 6-12 months to concive... xx

Hey Broody - yes I've definitely been trying to take my mind off it all; I've started running, I've started a second job, I'm studying to be a classroom assistant, I'm a childminder four days a week, and as you said, I've got my own two, so I'm pretty busy in the day-to-day, but it's just hard to push it from my mind.

Yes Peanutbutter - I use OVIA and I used FF for a cycle but really didn't get on with it. My cycles were quite regular but since stopping BF they seem to have got longer this cycle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back