So far tests say no, but body is confusing....

RayeAlvi

Reaction score
So the situation.

So I had my last depo injection in October 2018. Been TTC since January. Very irregular periods up til May when they started becoming more like my usual periods. So starting tracking on two apps. Only started trying out ovulation tests this past month, all have been negative aside from two, which came up 4 days after my last period (CD 8 - CD 9). Having sex every 3-4 days due to me and my SO work schedule, sometimes a cheeky session in between if there is time. So with a little background as I'm new here... This is whats happening now....

My usual build up to my period includes crazy painful cramps the day before, mood swings from hell and sore breasts. This month however has been completely different. 1 week after my period finished, I had spotting (CD13). First time I have ever had this, so that was scary. Lasted around 4 days (CD 16). As soon as that had finished, I was getting sharp pains on and off for almost a week, but not full on cramps like I have usually dealt with. (CD 22 - CD 27) I also started getting sickness during that time period and it's still carrying on now. (CD 22 - present) Nothing coming up, just a ton of gagging and feeling like I'm about to, then suddenly it goes and I'm fine again like nothing happened. Had extremely sore breasts and aching lower back for the past three days too. (CD 26) I was constipated for about 5 days until yesterday. Also had no crankiness or crazy mood swings like I usually do before my period (the SO has called it a blessing ahaha).

So me and SO have been pretty excited as this month has been crazy different from anything I'm used too and we were hoping for that positive. Today I'm due my period. (CD 29) So far had no bleeding. Did a test, was negative.

Just need some advise. Me and SO feel really down as we have had what we thought such a promising month. Could there still be a chance? And has anyone else had similar things at all? It's more frustrating for myself due to having such huge differences in myself, that I have never had before or had very mild versions of and it feels like it's just my body having a joke with me.

Your body can be really cruel unfortunately when you enter the TTC world. Every little symptom that is different to normal leads to all women thinking it could be a pregnancy symptom.
I think I have had every single symptom going in the 13 cycles I have been trying and none of them have led to a pregnancy.
I don’t want to be a Debbie downer but it’s sometimes good to try and not persuade yourself that it is going to be your month as it makes it more heartbreaking.
You could well still be in with a chance. What test did you use?

Your body can be really cruel unfortunately when you enter the TTC world. Every little symptom that is different to normal leads to all women thinking it could be a pregnancy symptom.
I think I have had every single symptom going in the 13 cycles I have been trying and none of them have led to a pregnancy.
I don’t want to be a Debbie downer but it’s sometimes good to try and not persuade yourself that it is going to be your month as it makes it more heartbreaking.
You could well still be in with a chance. What test did you use?

Yeah I know. I guess it's the same with most, you can't help but notice and get excited when you know you shouldn't. And I used two different ones, a clear blue digital one and a red dye one (can't remember the brand name) both said negative. But still no period yet.

Clear blue digital say they are not 100% until you actually are late for your period. So try one in a couple of days.

Also, I bought some cheapy tests. Tesco's do a pack of strips for 99p. They have red dye and personally found them to be the best ones. I spent a fortune on clear blue digital weeks and all they did was cause me terrible anxiety when I expected them to say 2-3 and they didnt move passed 1-2 weeks when I expected them to

Clear blue digital say they are not 100% until you actually are late for your period. So try one in a couple of days.
I brought a pack of two and one said negative and when I went to do the other one yesterday, it was faulty and just had a blank screen. So that was a waste of money. £16 for only one to work :(

Also, I bought some cheapy tests. Tesco's do a pack of strips for 99p. They have red dye and personally found them to be the best ones. I spent a fortune on clear blue digital weeks and all they did was cause me terrible anxiety when I expected them to say 2-3 and they didnt move passed 1-2 weeks when I expected them to
May have to order those Tesco ones. Day two now and no sign of period starting at all. Trying to hold out until this time next week to do another test just incase I ovulated later than expected and it's not being picked up yet.

May have to order those Tesco ones. Day two now and no sign of period starting at all. Trying to hold out until this time next week to do another test just incase I ovulated later than expected and it's not being picked up yet.

I used clear blue ovulation kit after my mc so I could really track what was happening and that cycle was the one that worked. I found that opk very good.

But yeah the day before my af was due I got a faint bfp on my Tesco cheap test strip. Then the clear blue digital weeks just caused severe anxiety

I used clear blue ovulation kit after my mc so I could really track what was happening and that cycle was the one that worked. I found that opk very good.

But yeah the day before my af was due I got a faint bfp on my Tesco cheap test strip. Then the clear blue digital weeks just caused severe anxiety

I totally agree with you on clear blue they are so touchy one wrong move they dont work with my second pregnancy clear blue never picked up anything back in 2018 and i must have spent nearly £80 on them as i knew i was pregnant but everyone negative then i picked up a home brand for 99p there it was bfp and i was 12 weeks its not the best brand to use although in this pregnancy they have shown up and the dates have gone up i have been dying to retest but no need and the nurse said sometimes if you go over their dates the test gets confused and doesnt always give the correct reading x

Well day 3 of period and still no sign of anything period wise. Waiting it out until next Friday to re-test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back