So disappointed

Like others on here, I'm going to be blunt my luv. He seems like a total waste of space and you would be doing yourself and the baby a big favour by getting away from him.
You don't need this stress and aggro now, let alone when the baby is born. It would be really hard to cut yourself off from him, I'm not going to lie, but he doesn't seem that bothered. He sounds totally immature and doesn't know what precious things he has in his life.
You need support, strength and comfort. Not the opposite. He really doesn't sound like he gives a stuff about you or the baby.

Put yourself and your baby first. Xxx

Sorry to say this Hun but he doesn't really seem mature enough to be a parent what a knob children having children springs to mind only you can decide what to do as everyone can give you advice but only you can do something about it but do u really want him letting your child down? Big hugs hunny hope u have lots of other support around you good luck xxxxx

You have every right to be angry. He needs to realise this is his baby too and you are going through a big change in your life with carrying the baby and he needs to support you. I would find it unforgiveable if my OH chose to risk missing our babys birth xx

Agreed with everyone. Don't cut him out of babys life but do end your relationship unless he grows up. I would seriously have a talk with him orask his dad to talk to him about rresponsibility you can't swan off the month the baby is due??? My hubby went away with his friend last month for a driving holiday it was agreed a long time before and I was happy for him to go as long as he had his phone if I needed him n would fly home no matter the cost and we have a rule of him being no further than a two hr drive and constant phone on and available past 35 weeks so now. He is away on business at min but still checks up on me and wouldn't dream of missing thr birth. Sorry you have to deal with your boy friend he sounds an idiot.

Once again thank you for the support and advice ladies, don't know what id so without this forum!! It's going to be tough but I know I'll get through it xxx

I had one of these kind of men when I had my first .. Ditch him there a waste of space it seems that you would do a better job on your own ! Hope your ok and I know it's easyer said than done but if a baby isn't going to change him nothing ever will x

Bbe the other ladies are right... this guy doesnt deserve you. You need to leave him as he is no good for you or baby at the moment. I know its hard when you love someone. you also need to give him the oppourtunity to change and be there for the baby but if it was me i wouldnt allow that unless he did change and prooved it too you...

Maybe he thinks he can get away with it because he thinks you wont leave him? The shock of you doing it might actually make him buck his ideas up.

Good luck hun and remember we are all here for you. :)

xxx

What a bell end! This has made me really angry, especially the idiotic 'no phones' rule on his 'lad's holiday'. Not to mention the drugs! He needs to grow up and realise that it's not just about him anymore whether he likes it or not. There is a baby coming!

As for you sweetheart, you sound like a very clued up lady, and it will be difficult but my advice is to be strong and break up for good. If you want him to be involved in baby's life then by all means - I think it's good for kids to know their fathers. But you will do a sterling job all by yourself if needs be, I can tell you're already head over heels for this baby. You'll be absolutely fine.

In my experience, these boys never change! You'll find someone else who deserves your love and makes you and your baby happy, trust me.

xxx

Tapatalking!

My waste of space baby daddy booked a lads holiday for babies due date, so I 10000% understand babe.

You'll be fabulous as a mummy and a daddy and your family will do all the bits in between :)

Do what's best for you cos in turn that's what's best for baby

Here for you xxxxx

This idiot has made me sooooo mad I want to hit something!
And as I live only 20 mins away from where you are in Lincoln if you happen to let slip where to find him........... Lol
Seriously you are better off without him, you don't need a prick like that dragging you down. Let him be a part of babies life but not of yours. You'll find all the support you need around here Hun x

Hey hun sorry im jumping boards (had my 2) and I gotta say thta the amsterdam thing is ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. The job thing I think if itwere JUST that then kind of a massive bummer but understandable given hes trying and getting work etc. Id be beyond livid about the holiday. Beyond livid. Totally get rid. Hes not worth it and not ready to be a daddy. What happens if baby needs him one night....will he be too busy...?! My oh had a similar amsterdam and crazy party lifestyle and we both used to join in. The SECOND we found we were pg with ds1 we stopped (far harder for him given all his friends still live that way etc) but iv gotta say his friends are amazing and totally understand and if anything they are closer and tbh a top bunch of guys....... but there is no way we would have still been together if his attitude stunk as much as ur ohs xx

Hi hun, I was shocked when I read everything on your post, its amazing how our lives change the instant we see the bfp and for some men it seems that they feel things will just continue as they are.
I know what you mean about being perfect before and now its different, I think this is cos before there was no baby to think of that you loved unconditionally. I was young when I had my son. I was 18, his dad was an absolute idiot, he would go and get drunk, turn up at 3am etc and he went awol on the week of my due date, luckily my son was overdue so he got to see him being born. I loved him (stupidly) and hoped he would change but he didnt, we broke up when my son was just a few months old because I had to put him first and plus his behaviour had destroyed the love.
I brought up my son on my own for many years and I was fine, it was hard at times but you can do it if thats the way you feel you need to go. Sorry for the long essay but just wanted to put across that the prospect of being a single parent is a scary one but also sometimes the better option xx

Last edited:
Hey bbee - only just seen your post. What a shame after things were starting to look so promising. I guess he has just shown his true colours.

I completely agree with what all of the other ladies have said but no point in repeating it. You now what is right for you.

Just concentrate on making sure you and your bubs have the best, happiest life that you can and never forget what a huge amount of support you have here any time you need it

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back