So bored of work already.....

Rachel80

Reaction score
I am soooo bored & can't get motivated! It doesn't help that I've been moved 'to take the pressure off in the lead up to maternity' which I was really happy about but now I don't seem to have anything meaningful to do & it's so boring. I don't want to go, I just want to sit on my arse & think about my baby!

I loved my job before because I was busy all day, had a laugh with my team & was making a difference to them by just being there. Now I'm sitting where I don't really know anyone 'helping support' less experienced managers & technical staff, which basically means if you're off sick no one notices or cares. I'm just a spare part & I'm used to being needed.

Does anyone else feel like this? How are you coping? I only have 4 weeks 4 days until my leave starts but jeez, it's gonna drag!!! X

I'm desperate to finish!! Not having the same problem though - at my place nothing changes whether pregnant or not and I'm really struggling! Mainly because I've developed major baby brain and my job requires a lot of focus and attention which is really hard when I can't concentrate and feel so rubbish all the time! I only have 2 weeks left which I know isn't long but it feels like its never gonna get here! Never mind just think about baby and it'l be here and they'll be turning 1 before we know it! Xx

Don't wanna wish the time away, I'm sure ill be bored on mat leave, I finish at 28 weeks as have 2 weeks holiday before I start mat leave officially. I need that time tho as we're moving back into our house after major building work so need to nest! Lol 2 weeks, lucky you - funny how time drags when you want it to least!!x

Im really bored now, this is my third week off I need a hobby

I was just saying today I really didn't want to wish the time away as I know the year off will just fly by! I have three weeks holiday in before maternity officially starts two weeks before due date - and I have nothing planned so it really will probably drag until I give birth! Oh good luck moving back :) you'll have loads of sorting to keep you occupied! Xx

I'm the same! All i do is think about baby things and what else i need to get and do in the nursery. I'm useless!! Lol xx

Yup there really are no proper jobs I can be doing and I don't have anything much to do I'm bored and counting the day's x

I am really struggling tired all the time come back from time off sick (sciatica) and even though taken off some duties that involve lifting or stooping I seem to be getting alot more of the things they said I can do. I can't wait to finish missing my little naps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back