So apparently...I'M IN LABOUR! **UPDATE ON PG5**

Congratulations Hun what a lovely name! Xx

Awww congrats! Same birthday as my little Hallie! :)
Well done and I love the name :)
How are u getting on? Xx

Tapatalking. X

Hehe you still beat ne though!! Even if it was just a couple of hours!!
I am absolutely shattered!! Been a tough few days with everyone comi g in and out but nobody stopping to help or let me rest!! Hibby's been sort of stuck workwise so I've been trying to do it all on my own but I really need sleep now!! Would be better if I wasn't strugling with the stitches...only like 2 or 3 but it's where they are that is the hard bit!!
How about you?! How are you and Hallie doing?!

Sorry it's taken so long, but it's really been a manic 1st few days with non stop visits and general new baby harrassment!! Lol so while girly sleeps after breakfast, I thought I'd do a quick rundown of what went on! So from the top...
2am got up bursting for a wee, went back to bed and 3.45 as I was just dozing back off to sleeo, there was a small gush and I leapt outta bed like my but was on fire n ran down the hall, wasn't sure if it was waters or not to statt with, but gave it a little while and ended up with a large gush as the rest came out! Phoned CLU (Consultant Lead Unit) just before 4am after havig a bowl of cereal and a large strong coffee!! Went straight in and was put on trace, which showed contractions but I wasn't feeling them. Being on CLU because of the Group B Strep and needig anti-biotics, we got a huge great big delivery suite and felt very looked after, it felt like we were in a fancy hotel really!! So I was given first lot of anti-biotics at 6.30 and told I needed to go wonder to see if I could get the contractions going properly. Wondered round and round the huge hospital grounds for 4 hours and went back for more anti-biotics at 10.30am, where they then did an internal and was only 1cm dilated so MW had a good swish round while she was there & half of plug came out with her hand!! Then had student MW have a go at the internal which dragged more plug out, then when all that was done n I dashed for a wee it was full on bloody show!! This was when they decided that they would have to induce me as my waters had completely gone and I wasn't feeling contractions nor dilated much and with the GBS it wasn't a risk they wanted to take. We were devastated that it meant no water birth because of baby being constantly monitored, but it was a no brainer when it came to her health! So I was stuck on the hormone drio to get things moving, well I was half way through the 10 levels before I was feeling anythig at all, so took some paracetamol so it was working before it got more painful. Level 7 I decided it was a good idea to grab the gas & air as they were starting to get more uncomfortable, then it all kicked off in an instant and I'd gone from virtualy non existant.pointless contractions to full blown OMG regular contractions. They got to to top level and had to turn it down because there was no space between contractions and I was only breathing the gas & air! Trouble was, once K'd got started my body decided it was ready n even when they turned the drip down it carried on as consistant contractions with nothing between, until we got back down to a much lower level when my body took over and it all just happened. I got another dose of anti-biotics somewhere along the line too. It was 3hours 45mins of established labour and by the time they let me push, it only took 6 pushes to pop her out. They started talking about episiotomy because girly was slightly distressed as everything had happened so quick, but the MW made a joke that she was about to finish her shift n wojld like to meet girly before she hands over for the nexf MW to do the epi and it set something off in my head, with that it was 1 huge push that got her out pretty much in 1 go!! All this was done with that 1 dose or paracetamol and good old gas & air!! All the MWs in the room couldn't decided if I was some sort of superwoman or just plain mad!! Girly was a little distressed and needed a tiny bit of oxygen, but came round quick Nd was soon plonked on me!! I had an assisted 3rd stage because I was SO exhausted and I ended up with 3 stitches "for cosmetic reasons & comfort" according to the MW!! So we got ourselves all sorted, had a shower n got girly dressed and was taken up to a vey empty ward for girlys 12 hours of OBS and some sleep. She was given the all.clear from all her checks, didn't need any anti-biotics and was completely perfect with barely a squeak all night! Was sent home.lunch time wednesday and have been falling in love more & more every day!!
My girly - Aphia Henrietta born 25/6/13 at 19.15 weighing 6lb2oz...

Attachments

• 2013-06-27 17.26.14.jpg
    2013-06-27 17.26.14.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 2013-06-25 21.11.40.jpg
    2013-06-25 21.11.40.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 34
Sounds crazy! Congratulations, she's lovely :) xx

What am amazing lwbour thread way to go.wonder women. .u did.so.well.and what a beautiful name.sounds like u need.some rest but am over the moon for u both. Enjoy every moment xxxx

Wow!! FP u did amazingly! :D congrats on your beautiful baby girl :D xx

Tapatalking. X

Thanks lol it was a crazy day, never imagined it'd go from nothing to all I had so quickly!!
Was so, SO worth it though, even with the stitches rather than the episiotomy!!
Just wish I'd still got the water birth, makes me want to do it again so I can get my water birth!! LOL!!
Hubby might not be so keen to have anymore though, he's still scared of this one!!

Congratulations! Sounds like you did super in labour :) xxx

many congratulations lots of foofy dust for you and baba is beautiful so so welldone xxx

Congratulations on the birth of a beautiful baby girl! U done amazing! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back