Snuffling/Wheezing?

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Phoebe is 3 weeks old tomorrow and since yesterday I've noticed she's making a bit of a strange noise. It sounds as though her nose is blocked and it's extremely loud especially at night time. But she only does is periodically.
It sounds as though she has a cold however her nose isn't runny and when she has her bottle she seems to breathe normally, she doesn't seem distressed with it and she doesn't have a temperature but the sound is very distressing. A lot of other people have noticed it too.

Any ideas what it could be?

xx

Hey hun, im not completely sure but me and my son haven't been very well last few days and I had a feeling it was the Xmas tree. If you have a real Xmas tree then google 'Christmas tree syndrome' also, I've found the things that help for congestion are putting a bit of Vicks in a bowl or warm water above a radiator to keep mixture in the air. I know it's hard to find anything that newborns can have x

Omg leandro does the same thing. He does it more when he's sleeping. I've been a bit worried too plus he starts breathing really fast then goes back to normal xxx

I've called nhs direct cos she keeps choking on her bottle and sicked it back up. Got an appointment to get her checked over tonight :( xx

Let us know how she gets on Hun x

Blowing bubbles is one off the signs of bronchiolitis, that was the first thing the hospital picked up with our Elexia when we went in.
Hope its not this and shes just being a clever little girl blowing bubbles but id mention it when she gets checked just to be on the safe side. Keep us posted hunny x x

Well just got back from the out of hours surgery and the doctor was a prize dickhead, he was so rude and just seemed to dismiss everything we said. Definetely left his bedside manner at home!!!
He's prescribed her some saline nasal drops despite me saying several times that she seems to breathe fine when having a bottle and doesn't wheeze or grunt then, so surely it can't be her nose. But he says her chest is fine :S.
He completely dismissed the fact that she was blowing bubbles too, very bluntly saying to me 'yes, I think you'll find all babies do that!' patronizing sod! She's only started doing that today though.

I'm going to call the health visitor tomorrow I think and see what she says.

M2A - I'm so glad Elexia is feeling better now and you got her home in time for christmas :hugs:

xx

Oh Hun some doctors are bloody useless!! defo speak to the hv tomorrow hopefully she's more helpful :hugs: xx

OMG, what is it with doctors, they just dont listen. Id definetly get a second opinion if she is still bad today as you know best when your childs ill.
They did this will Elexia and gave her nasal drops as one doc said she had a common cold the day after she stopped feeding and was took to hospital, they are just a f*cking joke! x x

What a Dick. Good your asking the hv. Hate docs. Bet if it was his kid he wouldn't be dismissing anything. I really hope she's ok. How does she seem now. What does it say on the drops leaflet? As in what's it for? Xxx

Hun,
It might be a mild croup type thing? Emily has had it, it sounds like she's wheezing and is noisy when breathing. It's not in her chest it's just lots of stuff stuck at the top of her upper airway. The doctor sounds like a twat! Hope you get a bit of support from your HV! Have you tried steaming her?
Hope she's better soon!

Ryan is very snuffly too, I'm taking him to the drs tomorrow morning.
What do you mean by steaming him? Put him in the bathroom with the shower on or something? (Not in the pan obviously ;-))

What do you mean by steaming him? Put him in the bathroom with the shower on or something? (Not in the pan obviously ;-))

:rofl: binzy that made me spit my drink out lol!! lovely profile pic hunny :love:

rach, my lo done this a little bit, i keep saying to OH i think he has a cold but it does come and go, usually after feeding?! xx

Ryan is very snuffly too, I'm taking him to the drs tomorrow morning.

:p

Yeah clearly :lol:

Pos& Pinkymum: Thanks girls

The dr said just to use a saline wash up to 5 times a day to clean his nose out. I've only done it a couple of times though cos he hates it :-(

Yeah Emily just to wriggle and cry when I sprayed that stuff up her nose. It's not an easy task!
Hope LO is feeling better soon! X x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back