Snoring

PINK BUTTERFLY

Reaction score
It's so cute but weird coming from her as she is so small!

She snores now and then, only for about 30 seconds a few times a day but its quite load! She hadn't got a cold....unless one is on its way. Think I will keep an eye (well ear) on it and if get worse speak to someone to make sure all is ok x

My lo snores all the time (when sleeping!), usually it's soft cute snoring but sometimes it's louder when maybe a bit of milk has come back up... eww x

tapatalking x

Do you think it's ok...should imagine it is as a lot of ppl snore but just a bit worrying when it's your baby iykwim ?

Think coz it's a new thing I'm just finding it a bit weird x

It worried me at first but I spoke to my hv who was not at all concerned and said newborns breathe heavily when they sleep. Now my baby is a little bit older he doesn't do it as much. If you are concerned though I would speak to hv or dr as that is what they are there for :) x

tapatalking x

My Mum says I snored when I was a baby, and that she actually found it reassuring because she knew I was breathing - Alex snores now so I kinda know what she means, except that he doesn't do it all the time so sometimes I freak myself out and have to go and check he's okay :roll:

I imagine that in most cases it's nothing to worry about at all, but if Alex's snoring continues I will be asking about it at some point when he's older, as when I was a child my GP told my Mum that I have a deviated septum, and my Mum is convinced that I have sleep apnoea, so I want to get him checked for anything like that (really ought to get the GP to sort me out too).

The only other thing I'd say is that I was really self concious about my snoring as a teenager, so much so that I never wanted to stay the night anywhere and never wanted to go on overnight school trips. I'm still self concious about it now, and I really wish I'd asked my parents to take me to the GP about it as a teenager to see whether anything could be done about it.

It worried me at first but I spoke to my hv who was not at all concerned and said newborns breathe heavily when they sleep. Now my baby is a little bit older he doesn't do it as much. If you are concerned though I would speak to hv or dr as that is what they are there for :) x

tapatalking x

Thanks Hun, yeah if it carries on I will speak to someone, hopefully it's kust a one off or because she is on my lap it might be the position she is in. X

My Mum says I snored when I was a baby, and that she actually found it reassuring because she knew I was breathing - Alex snores now so I kinda know what she means, except that he doesn't do it all the time so sometimes I freak myself out and have to go and check he's okay :roll:

I imagine that in most cases it's nothing to worry about at all, but if Alex's snoring continues I will be asking about it at some point when he's older, as when I was a child my GP told my Mum that I have a deviated septum, and my Mum is convinced that I have sleep apnoea, so I want to get him checked for anything like that (really ought to get the GP to sort me out too).

The only other thing I'd say is that I was really self concious about my snoring as a teenager, so much so that I never wanted to stay the night anywhere and never wanted to go on overnight school trips. I'm still self concious about it now, and I really wish I'd asked my parents to take me to the GP about it as a teenager to see whether anything could be done about it.

Oh yes that must of been horrible for you as a teenager! I can imagine why you didn't want to stay around friends :( such a shame xx

Oh yes that must of been horrible for you as a teenager! I can imagine why you didn't want to stay around friends :( such a shame xx
I survived (and probably saved my parents a lot of money on school trips that they wouldn't really have been able to afford :lol: ), but I am going to try and stop the same thing happening to any children I have :)

I survived (and probably saved my parents a lot of money on school trips that they wouldn't really have been able to afford :lol: ), but I am going to try and stop the same thing happening to any children I have :)

Yeah good idea :) I know a little girl who's got a hairy back (don't know if hairy anywhere else) and iv (in a not to interfering way) said to one of the parents about maybe looking into Lazer treatment (depending on age limit) or something (like waxing even though I think the pain would be to horrible) before she goes to senior school as it could be an issue for her in sports (a little of the subject of snoring.....I have a habit of going that! Lol) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back