Snacks for hospital bag

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by x_larlybelle_x, Feb 9, 2012.

1. x_larlybelle_x

x_larlybelle_x Well-Known Member

Just wondering what sort of things u have packed (or packed and consequently eaten in some cases!)

This is the only thing I have left to do and have no idea where to start!

Ideas on a postcard ladies!!

2. Nic36

Nic36 Well-Known Member

I have packed isotonic drinks, cereal bars and little gummy sweets :). Thought about crisps, but then realised they would just get crushed with all the other stuff that's been crammed in my bag! I have focused on sugary snacks as I thought that would give me more energy, and it's what I'm craving 24/7 anyway! :).

3. x_larlybelle_x

I have isotonic drinks and gonna take a small bottle of squash to dilute if I fancy that or run out of isotonic drinks!

I keep lookin at cereal bars but they all look so boring! Each time I've looked I can never find one I like the sound of. Even if I've tried them before and know I like them I just can't seem to by them! Lol!

4. graci9

graci9 Well-Known Member

I didn't take much with me... As I didn't know what I will want I left it for the last minute ( my husband agreed to go and get what I want while we're in hospital). so I just took cereal bar couple of chocolates and some water.... I went to hospital at 4am and had emergency c-section at 4pm...I've managed to eat half of twix bar in late morning ( wasn't hungry at all) and then around lunch was told not to eat anything, as my baby's heart rate kept dropping they wanted to be ready for c-section if needed.
    Not much of advice but take something that you like to eat and that has lots of calories for energy!!!
    Good luck

5. Bot

Bot Well-Known Member

Midwife suggested jelly babies. High energy apparently, marathon runners eat them....

6. littlemuffin

littlemuffin Well-Known Member

My Yoga teacher and Doula, has said Harbio, Energy drinks, tracker bars, anything that has lots of sugar, and can give you a rush. For the OH, I am planning on his favourite things.

Guess I better get these sorted and in the bag.

7. Nurse 26

Nurse 26 Well-Known Member

i'm thinking lucozade and haribo strawberries, maybe some cereal bars and chocolate for OH!

8. So_hopeful81

So_hopeful81 Well-Known Member

My antenatal session last week - giant choc buttons were suggested. Apparently it is a way of getting energy without having to think about it! Xxx

9. littlemuffin

littlemuffin Well-Known Member

Now all this is making me want sweets!

10. BevG

BevG Well-Known Member

sweets are good, jelly ones or chocs i bet. my OH takes a block of jelly squares mountain walking with him for a quick energy sugar snack so it does make sense. any sugary pop even just for a lil boost.
    and what about the go ahead biuscuit bars. theyre cherry flavour and the choc pistachio ones are lush

#10 BevG, Feb 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  11. winnie89

winnie89 Well-Known Member

geo bars are amazing i'm thinking of putting a few packs in mine

12. mummy2b19

mummy2b19 Well-Known Member

I've got cereal bars and lucazade I've asked mother in law to make me some millionaire shortbread because her homemade ones are amazing and it makes her feel involved which is an added bonus I might also take some grapes incase i want something healthy, can't see happening but im sure they will get eaten by mum when she comes to visit if i don't want to eat them lol xx

13. hugsy

hugsy Well-Known Member

Im taking lucazade peanuts and jellies so far but hoping to get more ideas from u girls :)

14. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

Im gonna put in irn bru (im not keen on energy drinks), have put in crisps in case im craving something salty. Gonna add some chocolate, and prob some haribo or jelly sweets. Then hopefully will have time to add some sandwhiches at the last minute.

I figure that if i cover all the basis, salty, sweet etc - then i should be ok.
    xxx

15. Zoeox

Zoeox Well-Known Member

In my bag I have a bottle of squash, some biscuits and some fizzy sweets.
    Going to hopefully pack in some sandwiches and some chocolate, crisps. Basically going to pack a picnic for my OH. He's like a dustbin although you wouldn't tell he's as skinny as a rake, Jealous!!
    xx

16. x_larlybelle_x

My DH is the same Zoe! 6ft 2" and I've only just managed to plump him up from a 28" waist to 32-34" waist! It's taken me 6 and a half years to do it as well!!!