Smoking

Freya

Reaction score
I know I am paranoid but just found out that sometimes people who smoke get the brown discharge I had. I did smoke but have stopped now for 2 weeks. Now feel so guilty that I did not stop straight away. Have I done any damage (none was picked up at scan). Feel so worried and pathetic and embarassed.

Freya

First let me say CONGRATULATIONS on giving up smoking. I did it in January so know how hard it is - well done for getting so far.

Please try not to worry (I know it's hard) - the stress will not do you or baby any good either - the main thing is you have stopped now and you'll both be much healthier for it in the long term.

I had the same worries re. alcohol as I had a heavy night the day before I found out I was pregnant. I was mortified, but at the end of the day, nothing can change the past, and I've abstained ever since. Feel good that you are doing the right thing now and don't dwell on the past.

Lots of love

LB xx

Freya

I too want to congratulate you on giving up smoking. I am on week 6 of stopping myself so I know exactly what you are going through. Like you, I didnt stop straight away - I also had the brown discharge and I didnt know it was related to smoking until I read your post.

I think however that we should be pleased with ourselves for stopping, only today I was at Tescos in my lunch hour and I saw a lady who must of been about 6 months Pg - puffing away. I know its a personal choice, but I am glad I have done it. Its hard, and I find it a battle everyday - but think positive and congratulate yourself - you are doing it!! - at least you are not ignoring it and carrying on.

Well done! and if you ever need any support with it PM me ! I had great support on here and it really got me through.

L x

Meant to also say about - alcohol ! Littlebump I too had a heavy night before I found out I was pregnant and not just then, I'd had a few heavy nights of the old white wine quite frequently!!! - but like you, just stopped completely.

It would of been nice to have been smoke and alchol free but you cant change the past - be positive and be kind to yourself because you are doing everything now!

Hi

I had that too but I wasn't smoking (gave up 15 months ago). All is fine now so don't worry.
Well done on giving up smoking it's not easy!

Louise

Well done to you for quitting, but really don't worry too much that you did smoke.

I'm afraid I'm one of those 'bad' mums-to-be who hasn't quit smoking (though I have cut down considerably). I do sometimes feel quite guilty and worried, but I haven't had any odd discharges and at the 20 weeks scan last week my baby was doing just fine.

It may be useful to remember that in the past a great many women smoked and even drank when pregnant and some of those women are our mothers and grandmothers! That's not to say you should go out boozing and smoking, but don't panic; you and your baby are probably fine.

have to admit im a smoker :oops: i smoked all the way through on first child and he was fine am trying really hard this time to quit but its not easy ive been a smoker for 19 years so far since i found out im pg ive cut my smoking right down hoping to cut it down gradually :( xxxxxx

congratulations to all that have managed to quit/cut down on smoking. I quit about 3 months ago now and feel a whole world better for it. keep plodding on girls dont give up giving up!!!

(plus you can taste chocolate soooo much better when you dont smoke!)

Meant to also say about - alcohol ! Littlebump I too had a heavy night before I found out I was pregnant and not just then, I'd had a few heavy nights of the old white wine quite frequently!!! - but like you, just stopped completely.

It would of been nice to have been smoke and alchol free but you cant change the past - be positive and be kind to yourself because you are doing everything now!

Thanks Lisa!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back