Smoking?

dollface79

Reaction score
Ok so i have been stopped for 2 days now, we made it our new years resolution before we found out we were expecting lol. I'm wondering if there are any things out there to help me and not hurt the little one? I looked at e-cigarettes but was told that is no good... im not struggling at the moment but feel i may need back up just incase.

I really don't want to smoke while pregnant.

Last edited:
i quit the day after i got my BFP and it wasnt that hard hun, i went cold turkey and found it quite easy. just keep in mind why you want to do it and dont feel bad if you cave and have 1 just try your best

I'd assume that the safest option during pregnancy is to just go cold turkey. I don't personally smoke nor have I ever been addicted to anything harmful, so I don't really know how it feels to give it up. Any type of substitute for cigarettes like the patches have got nicotine in them I believe, which is still going to be harmful.

Have you got a midwife yet? If so, I'd suggest asking her for advice. I'm sure she's been asked it multiple times before. If not, then maybe the GP before you start getting withdrawal symptoms.

Good luck :)

No midwife as yet because i didn't find out till NYE lol, the docs is closed untill tomorrow so will ring them and make a booking in the morning. I think i'm going to attemp cold turkey!!!! Fingers crossed.

actually they say its better to cut down as withdrawal can be very stressful for some ppl lol so whichever way you find easiest and least stressful is best. i was 5 weeks when i found out so i know what its like but im an all or nothing kind of person so couldnt have cut down. obviously no nicotine at all is the goal really so if u can cut it out completely then yay but dont feel bad if you struggle either. at your first mw app she will ask if u smoke etc and give you advice on quitting too.

How about regular chewing gum? Idk if it will help much, but is something to do when you're thinking of smoking. It will be worth it. I agree with the cold turkey idea.x

Quitting can be very stressful and while cold turkey is best you can use nicotine replacement on advice of your gp. Nicotine on it's own is nowhere near as harmful as the other chemicals in cigarettes. I used the nicorette cartridge thingy and stopped that way. It seemed every time I tried cold turkey someone went out of their way to piss me off lol xxxxxx

i bought dummies so i could have something to twiddle in my hand or stick in my mouth and chew on and it reminded me why i was quitting but lollipops would have done the same job.

i bought dummies so i could have something to twiddle in my hand or stick in my mouth and chew on and it reminded me why i was quitting but lollipops would have done the same job.

Aaawwww

I am one of those who can quit and start like its nothing. I just focus on why I have quit an remind myself thats why I don't want one x

i am still smoking around 5 a day and also using an E - cigarette.
Im finding it hard as im not in a happy place, so i suppose it depends on you and what meets your needs. But e - cigs and patches are obv better than actual cigs as theres no chemicals. x

I are allowed an inhalators how ever u spell it. But I went completely cold turkey and found it so easy because of baby. I was smoking 14 a day. Plus the nausea make u not want to smoke anyway xxx

I tried cold turkey then the gum and it was really hard, I was miserable. Went to my gp and she gave me patches so I started them yesterday morning and thy are great. I haven't even thought about smoking really. Defo the best thing out there if you're struggling :) x

Fortunately I had really bad sickness from 6-19 weeks and couldn't stand the smell of it I still fancy one now and then but will no way start again. I look upon it as babys gift to me :) x

I smoked for a year non stop after my mum died and still smoked the odd few after I found out I was pregnant....now I cant stand it lol so I managed to quit no bother, hope you manage the same hunni xxx

it's been 6 days so far and i have not touched a ciggy! I only get the urge when im bored so i have taken to playing xbox live all the time to take my mind off it lol

I gave up a few months ago when we decided we were going to TTC. I went cold turkey but had a nicotette spray for 'emergencies'. I found this really helpful. Good luck.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back