Smoking when TTC

Jaidy

Reaction score
How many of you ladies quit smoking BEFORE you got pregnant?
Im really trying to give up now before I conceive but struggling!!! :(

As you Jaidy trying & struggling :(

I've been using the patches on the odd day.

How many a day do you smoke?

Good glad its not just me....felt bit guilty starting that thread but just felt I had too!! Prob smoke about 6-8 a day you? I dont drink you see so smoking is my vice!! xxx

I was smoking nearly 40 some days.

Must admit since I've been trying I'm smoking about 20 a day. As a heavy smoker I'm guessing that's quite good so I'm still getting there.

Hi both

I smoked 20+ a day, and have been smoking since I was about 14. We had been ttc since July last year with no success, and I read somewhere that toxins in the cigarettes can surround the egg with some sort of barrier that prevents the sperm entering it. So I quit.

I quit at the end of October, and af arrived on the 29th November, and then got my BFP on New Years Day!!!! Coincidence, I think not! I am convinced that it is a combination of quitting and also we BD every other day around ovulation in December, rather than the rabbit method.

Good luck to you both with quitting, I know it's hard, but it's worth it.

Yeah thats what me and OH are going to do this month...BD every other day around Ov, I have heard that it gives better sperm quality rather than just bonking for britain lol!!! Right thats it, if this month aint a success im definately quitting :evil:

I was smoking when I cought with Damien, but I seem to be the most fertile woman on the planet :roll:

I couldnt give up smoking. I love my baby so much and couldnt manage it for some strange reason. I smoked about 3 a day untill 9 weeks is ago. I felt so guilty but it is so so hard to go from smoking 20 -30 a day from about 14 years old im only 20 n half now but it is a long time to have a habit and just stop. I got up one morning watched TV and thought to myself what did i do with my time before. I used to love painting and drawing. So i baught some canvas boards and paints/Pencils and got cracking with some pics for the nursery. I never thought about a ciggie till about 3 days later and my lungs felt so clear and i had so much energy. Its great i love not smoking and love telling my fella to get outside cos he stinks. My flat is all smoke free and fresh for baby. The best thing i have ever done. And i cant even stick a diet. Hope you all find the strenghth to give up cos i think its Great if you can we all have the power to do it.

Thanks for that bosbump its really encouraging! I have smoked since I was 14 too and im 20. I am cutting down now so that when I do fall preg I can hopefully stop. I really dont wanna be smoking when pregnant, I dont wanna take any risks. But its mighty hard!!! Anyone who says its easy lies!! :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back