SMEP = Frustrated

HlovesT

Reaction score
This month we (maybe this should be I!!) have decided to try SMEP....so DH agreed and every other day was going well until I got +OPK and it was meant to be 3 days in a row. I got +OPK on Thursday (well I'm using the advanced CB so got 2 days of flashing smiley Tuesday & Wednesday then solid smiley Thursday & Friday) and my DH has now decided that he can't/ won't do every day thing, so to my frustration last nights Bding ended without the results I would have hoped for!! :wall2:
Does anyone else feel major frustrated when DH doesn't play ball? I understand it's hard, it's not exactly always fun for me either, but this is our 4 month trying now and I just want to get a BFP :eh:
Sorry I just needed to rant as I feel so fed up :roll:

Yes! I got my positive opk on Monday night, had to practically drag OH into bed, but he refused the following night! I didn't tell him I had a positive opk and was genuinely feeling a bit randy lol but he wouldn't budge xx

I had the opposite problem with SMEP, hubby would want sex and i'd have to explain why he couldn't as it wasn't the right night when we were in the every other day stage.

Well I'd rather that Sugarplump. When it won't make any difference e.g. early on n my cycle DH want's to dtd all the time, so plan for next cycle if no bfp this month is totally lie about positive opk's etc and hope I can make DH believe that I just want to dtd without baby in my mind.x

I'm not convinded re smep. I did many cycles of this and bfn. This last bfp was a one off dtd 2 days after + opk as dh had man flu. It is frustrating but try to remember that goal is sex roughly around the right time, not a marathon where you both feel fed up.

Thanks Flisstebbs...I know your right. My cycles have gone a little all over the place so although I'm getting + opk's last cycle I O later by a week and a half than the + opk, so thought SMEP would cover all basis. Well I'm 9dpo and didn't entirely stick to the plan so we will see.

Personally smep didn't work for us. It made dtd seem like a chore and as youve found the danger is that you follow the every other day schedule and then you're not really in the mood around ov. And it also ended in a bfn!!

I have reduced our trying to get fewer good quality bd's in as I think we'll have a better chance than just doing it loads and finding it a slog. Also I don't want my oh to feel its all about baby making as I don't think that's much of a turn on and adds to the pressure.

xx

Excuse my ignorance. .. what is smep

From Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27