smelly cord ?

hayels

Reaction score
I noticed today that Harrys belly cord thing is starting to smell a little its looks clean and midwife checked it the other day and said was fine but just noticed today the smell. Is this normal hes 9 days old xxx

Yeah I think so cause its rotting flesh really. Yuck. I hated the cord. My aunty found it in a nappy at 7 days and id never been so thankful. If the mw said it was ok just keep your eye on it and if its really stinky, bloody, weepy etc then perhaps take harry to the gp tomorrow. Im pretty sure its normal though. Congratulations!! Xx

tapatalking

My lo had a smelly cord towards the end.. I was told it was a sign of infection but if it looks fine of say it is. I didn't know this but make sure it's not covered over by the nappy as it needs to dry out :) congratulations on your lo xx

I just changed his bum and its actually fallen of so maybe it was just bit smelly cos was ready to come off. Xx

I just changed his bum and its actually fallen of so maybe it was just bit smelly cos was ready to come off. Xx

Most likely hun. Though I couldnt say cause I avoided it haha. I don't know why, but they creep me out. If the belly button is ok id say he will be fine. Makes me feel a bit sick that some people keep the clip!!!!! Yuck! But each to their own!
Xx
tapatalking

Yer am with you on that it made me feel bit sick glad its come off xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27