smear in 2ww??

itisbabytime

Reaction score
im due to go for a smear on what will day 3dpo? is this ok or risky? i dont want to be too confident as havent gotten knocked up since began trying in June but on the off-chance i did would it be dangerous?

thanks ladies

Good question because mine is due on the 4th and i will either be OVing or starting the 2ww x x x

Nah :)

You'll be fine having a smear, it will just touch the outside of your cervix and not go inside at all.

cheers Louise! i know its not an invasive thing but wanted to check. will be asking nurse to see if my cervix is tilted or anything when she is up there! one girl in ttc said she was told she had a tilted cervix and the nurse advised doggy for when her hubby came to make sure it ended up in the right place, she is now in tri1.

I'm having one tomorrow and I'm going to ask about cervix too. I remember in the past them having difficulty getting a sample - I wonder does that mean it's in a funny position or anything? OH will be delighted if we have to go doggy every time! :lol:

It should be fine - in the US they give you a smear in early pregnancy as routine?

I had mine in Dec (just before Ov though) and there was no issue

xxxxxxxx

i had a smear wen i wasabout 18 not had one since wen are u meana start havin them regurly?
xx

I think 25 if i remember right... then is when they are supposed to prompt you to attend for cervical cancer smears.

No harm in sooner though if you think you might have been exposed to an STI or something before your current partner as not all of them have symptoms but things like chlamydia can really mess up your reproductive organs xx

i had a smear wen i wasabout 18 not had one since wen are u meana start havin them regurly?
xx

Are you in England? Or Scotland (or father afield??)

England is once every 3 years from age of 25 and Scotland is same but from age 21.

xxxxxxxx

ahhh okay, im in england well im not 25 yet so i dont 1 yet then
xx

im in bonnie scotland and we get an invite for one as soon as we are 20 and then every 3 years. cant beleive there is such a difference for england!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back