Smear fear.

violet13

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I haven't been on a lot lately so much has been happening it's just been too hectic. So I had my first smear not too long ago because honestly I put it off for ages and then began bleeding in between periods and Dtd and got results Monday they came back unclear, but the dr wants to make sure so I'm having a second one Monday morning (sarcastic yay) I've spoke to a few friends who also had the same result with first smear and 1 kit came back clear but they double checked the other is really scaring me she has had the cancerous cells lazered off and has had no end of problems since they did that which really frightens me, also with my mum having cancer and going through her third bout of treatment I don't need to stress her out more though I want to wait and find out more before I actually talk to her about it, she's also just lost two of her closest friends so she's very worried and upset herself I don't know I feel one friend is loving scaring me she gets quiet a joyous look about her when telling me knowing I'm already concerned I know it could mean absolutely nothing but I so don't need this things have been good besides my mums results and my aunties dying (by friendship not
Blood) me and OH have rebuilt our relationship from the ground up again so to speak we've been going out and our son is growing into this amazing little person it just seems why now? I really can't help but feel uneasy but I'm just getting on with things tbh xxx

I cant help much but just wanted to wish you good luck with it. I have been bleeding after sex and between periods and requested a smear as mine is due next year but I was refused. I hope the results are good for you x

Thanks Hun, it's just why would it be unclear? I just hope this time it's better I think it's awful they refused you Hun speak to your gp again xxx

Hey I have had unclear results before and it's been because not enough of a sample was taken. I have also had abnormal results which have been normal on retesting.

Good luck on your retesting x

I had abnormal results before some inter cycle bleeding and they did a colposcopy and found that it was just cells that had migrated down rather than anything bad. Subsequent smears have been fine. At this stage I wouldn't read too much into it xx

Last edited:
Thanks ladies that's actually made me feel a lot better xxx

Thanks Hun, it's just why would it be unclear? I just hope this time it's better I think it's awful they refused you Hun speak to your gp again xxx

A lot of my friends have had results that needed to be repeated, I believe it is relatively common. I was a virgin until I was really quite old so I didnt want a smear at that point. I had my first before I got married and its not due again until next year which is why they wont repeat it becuase its outside of the timeframe. Ridiculous! xxx

Sparkle, you can get a home test to do it yourself if you really wish to or perhaps try at the sexual health clinic and request another one. They should tho if you are worried.

Violet, I recently had a colposcopy after my first smear that come back high range (moderate) dyskaryosis. It showed 2 white dots after they put on the iodine of which they took biopsies. Currently awaiting them results. I don't have any bleeding symptoms just had the smear cause I got called in to do so having turned 25. I proper shit myself. I hope it's just from having the coil fitted before I was pregnant. If I do need treatment I'll be done under general instead of local needle but they're quite easy, I initially requested has and air in combo with diazepam but because I'm so Squamish she advised doing ga instead. Which I suppose is fine but I prefer to not have the procedure and just get 4 smears for a year every 3 month with the colposcopy repeated in a years time.

Quite often they can do it at the same time as colposcopy. I had a biopsy without a needle as I get panic attacks from needles I'd say it's similar as having a coil fitted pre having babies in terms of pain. The rest of the colposcopy would you need one is painless xx

Thank you JD I hope all is well with you let me know how you get on please. Xxx

Well had my sexism smear at the hospital as my Drs is closed bank holidays is that the same for everyone else? Weirdly
I can't recall if that's always been the way. It went okay was uncomfortable but Needs must. It was the gyno team and they said everything looks healthy but cervix is shut and asked if I was pregnant I said no due af soon so no idea but get the results soon hopefully. Xxx

I'm back at hospital to discuss my results on Monday and see if she'll let me do wait and see approach as Im not happy about them wanting to treat it straight away without getting clear cut answers and it not being that bad.

How did you get on, did you get your results back yet?

Hi ladies I'm so sorry I haven't updated you all been a bit hectic! Well results came back clear!!! I'm so happy they think I may of had a slight infection maybe or God knows but it's all good :) I hope you're all okay JD I hope everything is alright Hun xxxx

Glad they come back all clear! I'll let you know how I got on Monday coming xxx

I'm allowed a wait and see approach for now and will be seen again at the end of November to repeat the colposcopy and possible biopsy. If I do get treated it will be under gas and air and diazepam rather than going for a general. My result was cin 1 with small focal being cin 2. The advise is to treat but as I'm under 30 and should have a healthy immune system it may have been going on its own if it is progressing than it will be treated after next time

I'm allowed a wait and see approach for now and will be seen again at the end of November to repeat the colposcopy and possible biopsy. If I do get treated it will be under gas and air and diazepam rather than going for a general. My result was cin 1 with small focal being cin 2. The advise is to treat but as I'm under 30 and should have a healthy immune system it may have been going on its own if it is progressing than it will be treated after next time

Hope all is well Hun, keep us updated I wish you a speedy recovery and hope it all heals up xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back