small measurements

Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by sarah jane, May 25, 2006.

1. sarah jane

sarah jane Active Member

is 35cm small size for 37wks

2. weestar21

weestar21 Well-Known Member

they say your supposed to be 1cm for every week your pregnant but when i was at 38 weeks i was only measuring 32cm, i wouldnt worry to much im sure of the MW were concerned they would send you for a growth scan, i got one done as i thoughtth ebaby was huge and squashing all my insides to bits...lol turned out baby was fine and growing great when she was born she was only 6lbs 8 oz but that was huge to me...lol

take care xxxx

3. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

Yeah my measurements were all over the place too...I wouldn't worry about it at all, your MW will let you know if she thinks you're small :)

4. cab'o'holic

cab'o'holic Well-Known Member

They were worried about my son to but he was 6.15 born and healthy and so cute

5. Flossy82

Flossy82 Well-Known Member

Hi i think if im right they allow you to be 2cm either side of whatever you are measuring.

6. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

I measured small aswell at one point, but my MW wasn't concerned. Depends how bub is lying. If they are low then they tend to be smaller numbers :)

7. sarah jane

sarah jane Active Member

thanku everyone have made me feel whole lot better WAS REALLY WORRIED so glad i have people i can talk to loved all ur pics

8. kellysomer

kellysomer Well-Known Member

i wouldnt even take any notice of your size, my bump was tiny and they ummed and ahhhed about sending me for a growth scan at 38 weeks, the baby was too small and they said she would be 5-6 pounds max.

Well.... Isla was born early at 39 weeks at 8lbs 12ozs!!!! :shock: beleive me she is a lump and a half now!

You'll be fine i was measuring 5cm under at one point but she came out just fine.