Small boil on my wrist

Bugsy

Reaction score
As I was walking home last night I noticed my wrist was sore and it looked like a bite – but now it looks more like a blister / boil.

It’s only sore if I knock it – so at work I have put a plaster on it (as I’m working on a computer all day high risk of knocking). I don’t like to look up things on the internet as it will probably tell me I’m due to die in 10 mins ;)

But I had a quick look and it says boils in pregnancy should be looked at by a doctor? I’m wondering if anyone has experience this and went to GP? I’m inclined to think I only need to go if it becomes a recurring problem – not just with one?

I would perhaps visit the GP, boils are infected so I think it's the worry of the infection spreading (which rarely happens lol not to freak you out). I've had 2 now (not since I've been pregnant) and they didn't clear up on their own so the GP took a swab and gave me some antibiotics and they went quickly x

Thanks for replying :)

I'll keep an eye on it and if it hasn't gone down by tomorrow I'll try and get an appointment next week

Yeah, it might just clear up on its own but mine were really uncomfortable because my clothes were rubbing against it grrr x

Just jumping forums but my SIL developed like a blood blister type thing on the top of her finger whilst pregnant, they said it can be common in pregnancy but wanted to keep an eye on it as it got bigger & was causing her problems as it would ooze so they did a little incision thing on it & now it's completely fine. X

Is it like a blister on the skin or from beneath?

I had a ganglion on my wrist which i just would push down and it burst and refill, or the gp can drain it.

Ive not had it in ages now mind you.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back