small bleed at the weekend - anyone else had this?

petchy

Reaction score
i'm 9+2 weeks pregnant and i had a small bleed (just a drop on the toilet tissue) about midnight of friday night, then nothing until i had some brown spotting sunday morning which lasted until about 5pm the same day. this was very light, like towards the very end of a period. i also had some mild cramping which i have had on and off throughout the pregnancy.

i saw my GP yesterday and when she examined me the cervix was closed and as the bleeding was so light and had stopped completely she thought it would be ok, but she has still booked me in for a scan on thursday morning to check it out.

i'm really scared and keep thinking the worst - perhaps when i have the scan there will be nothing there or maybe an ectopic prgnancy or... oh i don't know!

has anyone else been in this situation? and what happeded? just wanted to see what others had experienced - whether positive or negative results - as i want to prepare myself for the every possible scenario...

thanks guys

Hiya

I bled from 7 weeks until 12 weeks. It was only every a tiny amount and just noticable on the toilet paper. I too panicked (as id had a previous miscarriage) and was checked and I too had my cervix totally closed.

The Doctor then arranged for me to have a early scan at 9 weeks and said that it was probably just a little bit of blood from the cervix or a pollup. I went for the Scan and all was well and everything was where it was meant to be.

I am now 20 weeks pregnant and everything is going well.

Good Luck with your scan on Thursday, Im sure you will be fine like I was.

Lets us know how you get on
Ragna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ragna, thank you so much for your reply. you have no idea how much it means to me to hear that others have been in the same situation and have been ok! i really appreciate you taking the time to post a reply, it was reassuring to read.

it's also extra hard since most of my family live in norway, and i can only speak to my mum over the phone. at times like this i really wish i lived closer to them!

i will let you know what happens on on thursday.

I have had light bleeding for the mojaroty of my pregnancy - even becoming fairly heavy at times. But all is fine with my baby. I have now had 5 scans in total (today was my fith!) and everything is absolutely normal. I had some bleeding inside of my uterus which had caused the bleeding I'd experienced since week 6. This was probably caused my abruption from the placenta and baby implanting themselves. Don't worry sweetie - everything I'm sure will be fine - especially as the bleeding has stopped.

Good luck for your scan - it's emotional seeing your little for the first time after being so worried! xxx

thanks sami! it's just so worrying isn't it?

now i keep being paranoid and have almost convinced myself that my pregnancy is ectopic as i have also had cramps and a light pain which is more on one side or another... don't think i can relax until thursday when i know for certain - whether it is good news or not at least i'll know.

now i keep being paranoid and have almost convinced myself that my pregnancy is ectopic as i have also had cramps and a light pain which is more on one side or another... don't think i can relax until thursday when i know for certain - whether it is good news or not at least i'll know.[/quote]

Honestly I was exactly the same as yo, worrying over every little pain...To be honest I still do. Im a Google Freak and its amazing what conditions you can end up convincing yourself you have. I have always had the odd pain to the left hand side..and if you read other posts..So do lots of people. Its just the way the Uterus is I guess and where its stretching.

P>S..Glad you are still ok Sami xxx

Ragna xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gzmndrea
Back