Slow cookers

Mamafy

Reaction score
Any recommendations to a total novice slow cooker user?

What should I know?

Last edited:
We have a BIG Crock Pot. My hubby buys stuff like that so we had to have the all singing and dancing one....:roll:

You'l be ok with a big one I'd imagine because it's probably like the wedding at Canna round yours for tea but if you're a family of 3 or 4 a massive one isnt great when doing things like curry, chilli stew UNLESS you have plenty of freezer space and tupperware! :lol:

We have a programmable one and I think that's a good feature. Means you can set it off and forget about it without overcooking. It will flick to a warming setting when cooked :)

See this is the part I've never got :wall:

If I wanted say a stew done in 4 hours could it?

Are you going out (in this scenario) for longer than 4 hours?

Its really a fast cooker I need :rofl:

Well then yeah you just throw it all in and stick it on :) There's 2 settings on mine plus the warming one which is mega low but keeps it hot to serve straight away.

It would be handy for days I have to be away in the afternoon, I could prepare all and presumably theres a timer on them?

Yep. Throw it all in and switch on. #1 if you can leave it say 7 hours and #2 if you dont put it in early. The longer teh better with stew and the like. :)

Very tempted to get one for xmas, can't beat a xmas gadget that gets used twice :oops:

:rofl: I thought ours would be like that but it's still on the go :)

:lol:

You might have swung it for me, I'd imagine they'd taste better having cooked longer :)

Deffo. The longer the better - they soak all the flavours up and the meat gets really tender. :)

Mine was from ASDA for something like £20 theres a high low and warm setting ...its brilliant! Sometimes I start dinner late morning or early afternoon depending what it is :D

chilli
spag bol
stew (beef and chicken)

^ thats all I can do in mine LOL

I always lightly cook any meat before throwing in the slow cooker also.

x

Think I'll get one, it would be handy if I'm going out to just bung stuff in and not have to worry about having to cook when I come home :)

There's some great offers in argos at the minute, think I'll get a giant one :lol:

They are worth it, i have a bog standard one at present, but have been looking at the crock ones, now im back at work and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back