slings

firsttimemum29

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone got any recommendations on which slings are good (or not)? Am thinking of getting a wrap style one and a buggy board rather than double buggy for when baby 2 arrives in April. Thanks.

I'm using a stretchy wrap by boba at the mo. They're suitable from newborn apparently although I only recently started using it at 12 weeks. I'm not a sling expert by any means and it's the first one I've used but it's really easy to put on and get baby in and out of.
Go for a proper brand and not a cheap one from eBay is what I was told. You'll spend more money but you've got the knowledge that it's safe for baby. Have a look see if there's a sling library near you, you'll be able to try different ones on and rent some for a small fee x

Do you have a local sling library near you, a lot of places do. Our local one is run by the breastfeeding support group so they might have details or ask on your local Facebook selling page if anyone knows. These libraries will often lend you slings to try out so you can see which one suits you best before buying, as they can all be so different xx

Yes sling libraries are good.. I bought a second hand Moby wrap off Gumtree, it's a stretchy wrap similar to what Ruby's describing. I just much preferred the thought of a soft stretchy wrap though they can't be used for as long as some other styles of carrier. That's why I bought one second hand though so I didn't feel bad if I didn't use it much x

Thank you for the advice. There is a sling library near me which I have contacted. Did u all wait until baby was here until you bought one or bought one before? Ive got pram etc from my first but am worried about not having a way of transporting around 2 straight away. The other thing in the back of my mind is that baby is due in April so sling might be used a lot over the summer & dont want baby to get too hot.

Mine is second hand too, If you progress onto woven wraps they are supposed to be better second hand. I bought a cheap carrier with buckles beforehand but it's not ergonomic so I don't use it as I worry it will do harm. Only got my sling a couple of weeks ago but she seems to like it! There's absolutely tons of baby wearing tips online plus there a few sling groups on FB that offer advice etc x

My 3rd was born at the beginning of July and I don't own a buggy :)

I used slings with my second child when my first was a toddler. It was easier to have the 2yr old in a lightweight kite stroller and have the baby in a sling.
I started off with a fleecey pouch as she was a winter baby, then in spring I progressed to woven wraps and stuck with them.

With my 3rd I didn't bother with a pram, just lots of slings. My other 2 are 12 & 10 now so no need for strollers etc this time round, but I still prefer using slings.

I have mostly Didymos, but Kokadi are good too.

2nd hand are cheaper and 'broken in' so wrap better. If you go for a didymos I prefer the NINOs or 'jacquard' prints (any with a pattern like millefioris, ellipsens etc) as they are thinner and tend to wrap better/easier.

Hi,
Anyone got any recommendations on which slings are good (or not)? Am thinking of getting a wrap style one and a buggy board rather than double buggy for when baby 2 arrives in April. Thanks.

I love slings/wraps!

I used one with my daughter when she was tiny.

When she was newborn I bought a stretchy wrap on eBay for about £15, sorry I don't remember the name of it.

When she got a little heavier (about 1yr old) I splashed out a bit and bought a woven wrap, it was by Little Frog, I got the amethyst colour... Absolutely worth the £50 I paid for it!

It was beautiful, very comfortable for me and my daughter, the fabric was amazing quality, I would definitely recommend them.

I will leave a link below to the one I got so you can check it out.

I bought it from a website called Love To Be Natural, considering it was around Christmas time that I ordered it... Delivery was super fast. Love this site for buying!

http://www.lovetobenatural.co.uk/little-frog-amethyst.html

I bought a size 6 (4.6 metres of fabric) just right for me back then, I was a size 8-10.

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back