Slings

Unicorn

Reaction score
Right, I have a stretchy moby and a non stretchy hugababy or something but I think both of these are going to be far too warm in this weather and then I have a mei tai, which seems fine but I'd like the option of feeding baby in the sling. So, I'm thinking I'd like to get a ring sling and have seen a palm and pond one I like the look of but the reviews aren't great as they say the padding for baby is in the wrong place?
So, does anyone have a ring sling they would highly recommend please, or any sling which is easy to use, will be cool enough in this weather and suitable for breastfeeding? I'm planning on going to the sling library but the dates aren't very convenient and with being the size I am, with no baby to try them out I think I'd be happy to just buy one from a recommendation from one of you lovely ladies.
Thank you xx

Hi, I'd go for a wrap conversion ring sling, so try the big brands eg didymos, girasol, Kokadi, fidella etc and buy one of their ring slings.
Also stretchy wraps are great, I would sell your moby ASAP and buy a thinner stretchy. That's what I did, I sold it and bought a manduca stretchy wrap.
Not sure which others are thinner and lighter weight. Possibly a wrapsody stretchy.

Ps for what it is worth I'd stay clear of ring slings with padding too, especially padded shoulders, they 'trick' you into thinking that it's comfy even when worn in the wrong place so you end up in pain later. If you get what I mean.

Last edited:
I have a Close Caboo which is really thick and not ideal... so I thought I'd try a cheapy stretchy from eBay, which is so lightweight and comfy.
I then bought the one below which I'm in love with - it feels really snug and sturdy (from Granny Geedor on Facebook).

m1HotN6.jpg

I spent a small fortune on a gorgeous Didymos Aurora ringsling, yet to use it as I just can't seem to get on with it! Bubba just feels to small in it.
Are you a member of any of the sling pages on Facebook?

Oh Kitty, wish I could help. I put my friend's baby in my Didymos ring sling at a couple of weeks old and she was only 7lb something born so not much bigger.

Have you tried putting it on, tightening it up quite a lot (so it's pretty much snug to your body), then turn it so the rings go over your shoulder and stop around where your shoulder blade is. Then make the pouch on your front, central (not on your hip), and sit her in there? Make sure there's a deep seat and her legs are "froggied".

Thank you both. I think I'll hold on to the moby for when the weather is cooler but I'll definitely look into thiner more lightweight stretchies and the ring conversation ones you've mentioned :) xx

Glad you brought this up as I'm starting to worry that mine is going to be too hot too, as it seems a lot of fabric layers around the baby - that one's a Kari me stretchy wrap... i might look into a ring one too.

image.jpg

I bought this wrap sling off amazon and i love it!

Called funki flamingo - Premium Baby Carrier | Neutral Grey | One Size Fits All | Cozy & Soothing For Babies | Suitable for Newborns, Infants & Toddlers | Cotton/Spandex Comfort Fabric |100% Infinity Guarantee | Ideal Gift https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00YFPD76K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_0HdxxbXDDV3C7

Mega comfy. Just wanted something cheap & light to do nursery runs & quick food shops while i try and tow my toddler around aswell as a newborn lol x

I've got an ergo for dog walks and have moby which I used for Moo when she was first born but that was winter don't really want to spend out anymore :/

I am so glad I found this thread! :dance:
I'm starting to really like the idea of baby wearing/slings. I especially like the idea of being able to nurse whilst on the go (and discreetly).
I have got a nursing apron, but I'm now thinking it will actually draw more attention if I'm nursing whilst we're out and I think the sling will be a bit more discreet. We do have a pram which has lay flat but we're quite an active family so sometimes it'll be nice to have the option of not taking the pram everywhere.
We were given a mothercare baby carrier for free by a friend who's LG just did not get on with it, but having just put it on again, I doubt I would be able to nurse bump whilst it's on :think:. It will however be great when she's a bit older and DH can use it when we go walking.
The benefits of baby wearing sound promising too, baby's position, less crying etc :lol:
Thanks for the link Babyslog! :)

This is me with a relatives baby a month ago

Attachments

• Iris.jpg
    Iris.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 24
Silly question ladies ... the stretchy wraps ... how easy are they to put on yourself with no help?

I love the idea of a stretchy wrap but worried how I'm going to do it on my own xx

Hi Mel, I watched this video of a Youtuber I follow - I'm sure the concept will be very similar! I was watching it earlier today.

Silly question ladies ... the stretchy wraps ... how easy are they to put on yourself with no help?

I love the idea of a stretchy wrap but worried how I'm going to do it on my own xx

It takes a bit of getting used to but is easy once you get the idea. I still cant get the ergo carrier on by myself though.

I have a boba wrap which I love but it does get hot. In the house I would wear it just with a bra or strappy top under.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back