Sling/carrier recommendations????

babyslog

Reaction score
Thinking ahead for when I need to do the nursery run for my DS1 whilst having a newborn to tag along too!
I do have the travel system, but for the sake of a 10min walk there and back (nursery is behind my house) i didnt want to have to get the pram all up and ready!

So i want a sling!!

But what one!?

Last edited:
I've got a 3way baby carrier can't remember the name of it. Only done a short trip with it so far and walking round the house testing but feels very supportive so far :)

Also keep contemplating a sling as well as LO sleeps on me for quite a while and she'd be skin to skin which she's not in the carrier but I can't decide if it's worth getting one as well

Hey Dani, how's things? Can't believe you're in tri 3 already and that I'm up at silly o'clock reading all the pages on pf to pass the time lol

I've found a sling fantastic with T, I bought a stretchy wrap, it's great as you can pre tie it and pop it on and leave it on all day. I've done loads in mine, shopping, walks, nursery run, hoovering, made dinner. Close Caboo's are a bit like ready tied ones but I didn't get on so well with it for some reason. Stretchy ones are relatively in expensive too.

xxx

Hey hun!!!
Im also awake! Lol.. Preg insomnia is just fantastic... NOT! Madness i have 13-15wks max left!
Noahs also up nearly every hr as hes really unwell. Great! :shock:

Have u got a link for the one you've bought!? Its like a mind field with these wraps lol!!! X

Last edited:
I bought a liberty sling on eBay for 20 pound with free click and collect at my local argos. Ive used it since my lo was around 6 - 12 weeks and it's a godsend for the school run. Plus she's not a big fan of the pushchair bit loves the sling xxx

Hey hun!!!
Im also awake! Lol.. Preg insomnia is just fantastic... NOT! Madness i have 13-15wks max left!
Noahs also up nearly every hr as hes really unwell. Great! :shock:

Have u got a link for the one you've bought!? Its like a mind field with these wraps lol!!! X

Poor Noah and poor you. Hope he's better soon.

Time needs to slow down if it keeps going like this the boys will be leaving home before we know it!!

This is the one I bought. I do really like it, I was shown how to tie it but it comes with instructions or just watch a clip on YouTube - if I can do it anyone can!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soothing-Suitable-Newborns-Toddlers-Infinity-Guarantee/dp/B00YFPD76K

Thank you everyone!

Beck i actually have this saved in my wish list GREAT MINDS haha! Xx

Highly recommend joining a sling group in your area, all slings are different and suit each people different, a stretchy sling is fab for new borns, and you can buy the nct one in boots, but please remember to use a correct sling( carries babys hips in a M shape) baby bjorns and cheap carriers like that arnt great. If you cant find a sling grouo in your area to try different ones look at sheffield slings on facebook.. Xx

e4e6088e942cb539bee8727ca16d9a8f.jpg

This is a caboo :)

I was ebaying caboos in the early hours lol! They all look lovely xx

I still carry my lo who is now 3yrs, connecta have lovely affordable carriers too but i found a little uncomfy till i found he was a toddler, x

08e2ed083db2852cfd4486caa226871b.jpg

49ee2e4706d25362fe642e02d918001c.jpg
ca08064fd20d13c484445071ee1f8b71.jpg

I now have a solarweave connecta, and a wrap xx

I just sold my Moby and have bought a Manduca instead. Both stretchy wraps, but Moby's are pretty thick and Manduca stretchy wraps are thinner/more 'airy' so better for summer (and I'm due July).
I also have lots of woven wraps, mostly Didymos, a few Kokadis, a Fidella, a Hoppediz & a Natibaby. And a Didy wrap conversion ring sling.

I do have an Onbu and a wrap conversion toddler-size Mei Tai, but I prefer wraps :)

Last edited:
I loved my wrap conversionmei tai but as my lo got older it was hard to keep him in place xx

I can't believe how much choice there is in wovens - all I wanted to buy was a pretty but suitable for a boy one but there are loads and the prices :-o

Dani - there are tons of selling groups on Facebook too. xx

I can't believe how much choice there is in wovens - all I wanted to buy was a pretty but suitable for a boy one but there are loads and the prices :-o

Dani - there are tons of selling groups on Facebook too. xx

Dont look at madame googoo carriers...youll love em lol x

Looks like im back to the drawing board as there us still so many!!! N then its the choice of what colour or pattern!! Oh myyyy lol

Haha - let me know how you get on. I really do love my stretchy for a little squidgy baby tho :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back