slightly confussed

emylou

Reaction score
hi sorry gonna rant a little here
went to the midwifes yesterday for my check up......didnt think to check what they wrote til this morning as they said everything was ok apart from needing iron tablets.
when i checked this morning it said in the presentation 5th palpable it said ceph 4/5 but i wasnt told what this means... can anyone tell me my sister said when its 5/5 the baby is engaged. does this mean im in slow labour?? or nearing it quicker then i should??

sorry....

Hi there...
Your sister is right about the 5/5 engaged, but it certainly doesn't guarantee you of an earlier delivery. It is a normal time for baby to engage if he/she is your first baby. Subsequent babies engage at a later stage and most often only during labour. Ceph means baby is head down and in an excellent position - you've nothing to worry about!
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy - not too long now!!! :wink:
Emilia xx

Usually midwives in UK write 4/5 when they can feel 4/5 of the babies head above your pubic bone. 1/5 would be virtually fully enaged. But this can differ with some midwives who write notes the other way round. Check with her when you next see her.

Babies can engage weeks before they are due or you go into labour to don't worry about it too much hun. My baby has been head down (ceph) and dropping in and out of my pelvis since 26 weeks.

thanks guys they didnt say anything at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back