Sleepyhead - is it worth it?

CDx

Reaction score
Wow not been on here for a while and the atmosphere seems to have changed quite a bit, I'm kind of scared to ask any questions...

Anyway! My little boy is 9 months, from around 18 weeks he's slept through the night (well 10pm-8am) in Nov he was really unwell and ever since then his sleeping has been a bit all over the place. He's going down at 8pm with an 8oz bottle, getting a 6oz dream feed around 11 but is still awake between 3-6 and the only thing that will settle him is more milk. I tend to find when he wakes he's on his tummy, im not sure if being unable to turn back is the reason he is fully awake. His breathing sensors under his mattress have also went off 4 times and every time he has been on his tummy. Ive considered getting the sleepyhead, but feel it's a bit expensive just to try it out.

Have any of you experienced similar? Would you recommend it? A few mums have recommended the poddle pod as well but that only mentions nap time instead of sleeping through the night, do any of you know why?

Typically he hasn't woke (yet) but my brain isn't for switching off tonight.

Cx

I cannot recommend it enough! My LO was waking constantly until we got one and from that night on she has slept through. It's great for co-sleeping too if needed.

I don't know what the Sleepyhead is but I did use the Poddlepod for my daughter as a newborn... throughout the night too which I know isn't recommended but she slept beautifully in it.

When little ones are unwell it does unsettle them for quite sometime so hopefully he'll just go back to normal soon.

Great to see you back though :)

Could be the 9 month sleep regression? How long has he been like this?

Thanks ladiea.
Hope you and your babies are good Rooster.

It's been since November he has only slept through about 5 or 6 times Applepie. I'm hoping it is sleep regression or a growth spurt and trying to ride it out but it seems like it's not ending.

Aww, i'm sorry :-( Have you spoken to your Health Visitor? Your HV might have suggestions on how to help.

As Applepie said it could be a development thing, babies hit a regression which is associated with development, for example if your LO is starting to crawl? Separation anxiety also creeps in. It's hard work this baby lark. You think you have it sorted and then they change it all over again.

I hope you LO goes back to sleeping properly soon :)

Wow since November? Im sorry this is still ongoing! How are his daytime naps? And his daily feeding? Xxx

He's napping about 2 hours throughout the day if I'm lucky, ive adjusted to it and coping fine, I actually feel worse the days he sleeps 12 hours but I just don't think it's good for him in the long run. My OH thinks I react to him too quickly and he knows he'll get milk that's why he does it but personally (controversial on here I know) CC just isn't for me. I don't mind leaving him if he's lying in his room babbling away amusing himself but that eventually leads to tears. Hes great at settling himself and is so fiercly independent he doesn't even let me feed him or rock him he wants to lie in his cot holding his bottle himself.

I've tried just giving him water during the night but he refuses it. Someone says slowly dilute his milk more and wean him off the feed that way until it's just water or nothing at all.

Like I said I think the issue is with him being on the move at night and waking himself up but can I justify £150 just to try something that might not work when my mat pay has stopped? A few people have suggested buying second hand but I'm unsure, all advice says don't buy a second hand mattress etc so I don't see how this could be different?

Cx

At that age if they're on the move at night and you introduce a sleepy head mattress my opinion is they would find it really annoying as they're used to rolling freely. How is he in the buggy? Does he settle easily in it? If so then the sleepyhead might work as he likes to be cocooned but if not then I think I would avoid it. That's my opinion without ever having used a sleepyhead mattress though!
Then again it wouldn't be parenthood without resorting to spending money on these sort of things!

Hiya my lg has been waking during the night since the beginning of December and I'm pretty sure it was the nine month sleep regression. Hopefully just coming out the other side now. I know she wouldn't have slept any better with adding something into the cot as she doesn't like being contained lol but friends of mine have found it works wonders. I offer tons of sympathy and support as I've struggled loads with this sleep regression as we had it easy with her before that. I don't think these winter bugs help either, good luck x

That's the confusing thing Goat he sleeps well pretty much anywhere in your arms, on the couch, in his pram, car seat, high chair. He normally drifts off pretty easily if he has milk so I don't think his movements being restricted would be too much of an issue. He's napping in his pram just now snoring his head off, him and the dog are having a competition so I can't even get my head down on the couch for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back