Sleeping Positions

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by kittykitchn, Mar 24, 2016.

1. kittykitchn

kittykitchn Well-Known Member

Unable to sleep on my sides due to hip and bum pain (and sometimes baby around my sides), can't sleep on my back because of bum and back pain, no to front for obvious reasons and can't sleep sitting up due to a broken coccyx. When I do sleep I'm waking up almost paralysed, unable to turn or move and in agony. Help?

I have a 6ft long sausage pregnancy pillow, but I really don't see how that can help when however I use it I'm still on my hips and I guess it's the pressure that's causing the pain. Am I not using it right?

2. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

I have the same issue no matter how I sleep with this pillow I wake up and my hips are agony as I move from side to side. I now sleep with 5 pillows kind of sat up.x

3. YorksLass

YorksLass Well-Known Member

Aw hun, I feel for ya - it's bloody difficult with the hips, isn't it! I'm just sofa napping when I can in the evenings, but in bed, being on my back for a bit with knees raised and feet flat on the mattress seems to help. I'm getting next to no sleep either! Somebody recommended a foam mattress topper which might make things easier on the hips when on your side, maybe that could be worth looking into? Haven't gotten around to it yet myself... I'm not entirely convinced it'll work.
    Should settle down fine once the babe's born though - although then we'll have another thing to keep us up at night!
    ;-)

4. russellmuscle

russellmuscle Well-Known Member

I was in agony no matter which way I lay - Id often find myself on my back most times.. Not on purpose. Just my hips were always agony.

xxxx

5. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

No advice from me just sympathy. It's so hard to get comfy! X

6. flexilexi394

flexilexi394 Well-Known Member

I don't have any advice really either, I am having similar struggles and I am only 21 weeks tomorrow so I do feel for you!

Just think 10 weeks more and you won't have this problem and you can lie on your front! yay! xx

7. babyslog

babyslog Well-Known Member

Im in the same boat. Its horrible.

My physio did give me an 'easy-glide' sheet that is a god send for turning side to side in bed. But im waking alot in pain from being in a poisition for too long.

Tri 3 is no fun! What with that, acid reflux and insomnia.. Bedtime is shit!

8. Brooksy

Brooksy Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, totally with you guys on this, horrendous sleepless nights for me too! I just keep focused on an end point of pain knowing it's only temporary, but 9 and a half more weeks of this max does feel like a heck of a long time!

9. DanniiM85

DanniiM85 Well-Known Member

I also have incredible pains and currently seeing the physiotherapist.
    I seem to naturally sleep on my left side and I use a pregnancy pillow in between my legs, but I wake every night feeling as if my fanny has been in a vice!
    Its excruciating and i struggle to adjust myself without crying out and I am awake for hours after!
    I suppose there isn't a lot we can do about it now!
    D x