Sleeping positions?

tillzy69

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is ok to sleep on your stomach? I really can't get comfortable anymore. Sleeping on my right irritates my sciatica and sleeping on my left makes my legs numb. I used to love sleeping on my stomach but when I started 'bumping' I got paranoid and started sleeping on my sidea but now I'm just not sleeping at all! Some help please :)

Last edited:
I don't think sleeping on stomach is a good idea
- they say to sleep on your left to help boost circultion but like you i have to toss and turn all night due to sciatic pain..
I find putting a pillow under the belly and inbetween my legs help keep pelvis open and rest baby on pillow so eases pains but still not too comfy.

Hope you get some relief! x

it hurts to sleep even slightly leaning on my tum so id say no but my mw did say that someone she knew did it while preg, generally it hurts if its a bad position so if its comfy for you then ask your mw's opinion. every position hurts for me after an hour or 2 so im tired and achey all the time lol

I wouldn't recommend it but as you get bigger you'll find it impossible anyway as you won't be comfy at all I suggest the pillows cx

I've never really stopped. Cos of bump I'm kinda leaning off to one side, but cos of hip probs I can't sleep completely on my side. So I'm
Sorta between front and side iykwim.

My midwife's never mentioned how I should be sleeping, and at one time it was recommended to sleep on ur front as long as possible xxx

iv been like L the past while, half on side half on front, i just cant get comfy, suffer badly with spd and ond hip prob causing all sorts of siatic pain too, i pumy arm on the side im on behind me and the other on top of oh to kinda balance n stop me rolling fully onto my belly n have a big pillow between my elgs, seems to work for me but personally i wodt go fully onto stmoach but maybe ask mw if u think its the only thing tht will work for you

Last edited:
i spend most of the night on my back (thats what got me into this situation in the first place! ;D )

I was sufferring terribly with numb sides and back aches so i invested in a memory foam matress and its been a god send! keep your eye on groupon for great deals - i got a double matress, matress topper and pillow for 250! all silent night so a reputatble brand too.

I sort of lay on my side with one knee up and tilted on my front. I have a pillow between my knees and under my bump cos that is the only place I found comfy. x

I sleep on my left side but it go's really numb I'm waking up in the night. I would love to sleep on my back but you can't at the stage of pregnancy think there's something that runs down that the baby can lay on when you laying on your back and stop the blood flow to baby can't remember 100% but I never have since being told.

I could never sleep on my belly just the thought makes me feel sick lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back