Sleeping pattern

newbie1984

Reaction score
My LO is 5 months and for the last couple of weeks he has been waking up ready for the day at 5am.

I've tried comforting him to get him back to sleep, feeding him, everything imaginable but he just sits there kicking around and chatting away.

This morning he fed at 5 in the hope he would sleep, didn't work he was more awake so we got up. He napped at 6-6.30 and then had milk at 8.30am. He has been sleeping now 9am till now wrapped in a fur blanket on his vibrating chair.....

Any ideas how I can get him to go back down at 5am?!? I assume his body clock just naturally wakes him but can I break the cycle? His bedtime is 7-7.30pm.

He has also started weaning and is on 1/2 jar of savoury at 2pm and 1/2 jar pudding around 5pm. He has 6x6oz bottles - his last is 11pm (dream feed)

There are a few of us having this problem at the minute. I've tried everything to no avail.

Blackout blinds covered with a thick blanket buy me an extra 30 mins some days ... But for now there are 2 5 o'clocks in my day!

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

Have you got a lullaby machine thing or something?? This used to be the only way we could get my lo to go back to sleep? It was about £15-£20 from Argos I think and it does absolute wonders!!! apart from that if he is happy and chatting away to himself which my lo used to do too can you not leave him to it? Xxx

Someone really needs to find a way to teach these little babies the time!

I was up at 4.30 this morning :shock: sometimes using a lullaby can buy me a few extra mins but never very long. He doesn't want feeding, just wants to play but not on his own. Grrr silly sun coming up so early!

I've been having this problem too! Ethan usually sleeps 7:30-7:30ish, but for the past couple of weeks, he's been waking up between 5 & 5:30am. He's not overly hungry, as when I offer him a bottle, he only drinks a couple of ounces. I think for us, it's a combination of the light mornings and the really noisy birds waking him up lol.
However, this morning, he didn't wake up until 7:30am! So I'm hoping it's gonna stay that way xx

Cay normally wakes up around 7am, and just lays there gabbling to himself for an hour or so, then shuffles over so he's right by my head (his cot is up against my side of the bed) and shouts in my face until I wake up around 8am.

On the odd occasion I've woken up before him, and just lay there for an hour or so watching him.

It's funny :)

I think 5am for a 5 month old is quite good, given that his bedtime is 7/7.30pm! With our LO, she used to go down at 8pm and sleep til 3am until she was 3 months old; then that stretched out til 5. We found that she just naturally altered her sleeping until she got into her current pattern at around 6 months old - bedtime at 6pm and wake at 6.30am (she doesn't fuss for breakfast, so I get her up at 7am).

If he's just chatting, can't you leave him and go back to bed? If he's fed and changed and isn't crying for you, he may just lay there playing. Our LO often plays in her cot first thing in the morning quite happily. Sometimes I can hear her at 5.30am chatting away to herself, but I don't even go in the room!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back