Sleeping on your left or right??

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
Hi,

Some nights i can't seem to get comfortable in bed........and i know as your bump starts to get bigger you are supposed to lie on your side........but which side your left or right?.....i keep swapping during the night never sure which side i should be laying on??

Amy xx

I got told babies like the left side and it's better for circulation??? but i like both lol ...

Depends on my mood!! :D:D

I was told to lay on my left side to for same reasons as Imi-mum-2-b!!

xxx

I slept on both sides and even on my back. As soon as you find a comfy position stay there!!!!! :D

They say to sleep on your left as if you lie on your back or right side the baby puts pressure on the main artery and can cause the blood flow to not be so good.

They do say left side but I say whatever side you are most comfy with as you get further along you beg for comfy spot and once you find it you don't wanna leave it!!!

xoxo Ree

ive heard it should be left so i try and sleep mainly on that side but comfort is more important and i usually wake up on right side lol xxx

I agree what the others have all said, when you find a confortable spot stay there :D :D :D I am suffering from terrible back ache now too so on top of not being comfy my back bloody kills me. I feel this morning as though I need a really good massage, all my muscles ache - will have to stop doing the housework, lol!!!!!!!

Xxx

i tend to sleep on my right - only because DH sleeps on my left and he hates me breathing into his face..... i do roll over onto my back and right side thou through the nite! I'm the same as you lindsey.. the low back aches are getting annoying! not too bad through the week as i get up as 6 as soon as the alarm goes off! i kind of roll out the bed... but at the weekend a little sleep in kills me! a sleep in by the way is 7.30 (even sunday) i just can't keep my eyes shut!
x

Thanks for all the replies.

Had an awfull nights kip last night, just could'nt get comfy anywhere, got up this morning feeling like i had'nt slept a wink. Think any postion at the mo is best for me........although i'm going to start trying to sleep more on my left!

Amy xx

LOL Hayley I am the same, waking up between 7 and 7.30am on a weekend- which is unheard of for me! I am also getting up in the night 4/5 times to go to the toilet so am having very broken nights sleep. I layed on the bed this afternoon at 1pm to watch the Eastenders omnibus and fell asleep, woke up at 3.30pm, I hope that tiredness is setting in again for me :?

Xxx

lol that should have read I hope that tiredness isn't setting in for me - dur!!

Xxx

Hi all!

I'm so confussed! I am havin so much trouble getting to sleep. I can get to sleep on my back - but I wake up and can hardly move. If I sleep on my left side I get pins and needles down my leg. What should I do! I haven't tried right side but I'm scared to now after reading it can be bad for you!!!

Help!

S. xx

hun dont worry about it and sleep any way you can the most important thing is that you get some sleep :D as for the pins and needles try a pillow between your legs it helps with mine xxx

Srah sleeping on your left sude isn't bad for you, and sleeping on your back isn't necesarily a no nio either. I used to panic when I woke up on my back but my MW said it was fine and that if there were any probs my body would wake me up ior I would move automatically. Don't worry too much, sleep however you are comfy x

Hi

My midwife said that sleeping on either left right back would be ok, as although sleeping on your right and on your back restricts the blood flow to you (not the baby) your body will automatically turn itself.

I start on my left, wake in the night on my right and then when the alarm goes off I am on my back and I sleep most of the way through I dont even remember turning :lol:

Sleep what ever way is comfortable honey you need the rest

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back