Sleeping on ur stomach???

Lil miss lee

Reaction score
What are the reasons u r not supposed to sleep on ur tummy other than there being a baby in there? I fall asleep on my side but yet always wake up on my stomach. ??

As far as I'm aware it's because there is a baby in there and the stomach is the less protected area ... I would kill to sleep on my stomach though not that it would be comfortable right now x

I think it's about body weight and blood flow/circulation for baby. Have you tried a pregnancy pillow? X

No. Where will I get that and will it stop me from sleeping on my tummy while I'm asleep? X

Argos, eBay and various websites, not too expensive either, it depends on the shape but yes it should stop you rolling over, especially forward as you can rest your bump on it and your leg :) x

How far along are you? If you still can sleep on your stomach, I don't think you'll be causing any harm. Once you're bigger, you physically won't be able to!

There are tons of pillows out there, I got a theraline and it has helped. I bought it because it seems quite versatile and I might use it when breastfeeding once bubba is here.

I had a dream the other night that I'd had my baby (in the dream it was triplets!) and when I half woke up I tried to roll on my stomach and was really sad, thinking "no-one told me you wouldn't be able to sleep on your stomach once you'd had the baby!" - then of course, I realised it was just that my massive bump was still in residence!

I wish so much I could sleep on my stomach even by accident lol my bump is so huge I can no longer sleep on my stomach whether I like it or not, I think I was about 28 ish weeks when I started getting too big to roll onto my front any more, I am waiting in great anticipation for the first night after delivery so I can have a nice sleep on my stomach! Ahh it is so exciting lol - I have a v shaped pillow that was £7 from argos that I can fit in between my legs AND under my bump for a comfier sleep - I haven't used it whilst the nights have been so hot but it is a life saver! And yeah the bonus is you can then use it to get comfy for nursing after delivery :D xx

I'm not breastfeeding so as well as looking forward to a night on my tummy I'm looking forward to a glass of wine, although will I be able to sleep on my tummy after a section? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back