Sleeping in cot rather than Moses basket

Hollipops

Reaction score
Hi, we are thinking of trying our 10 week old in her cot even though she fits her Moses baket still but should I take out all of the soft toys at the top of the cot? I don't think she will be able to shuffle herself but I'm really not sure! She will be swaddled or in a sleeping bag.

Hi hun

We have soft toys in ours but am thinking of taking them out as LO is starting to wiggle! She's 16 wks on monday! Just don't want to risk it really and it only takes a few seconds to take them in and out at bedtime :) xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

Hi,
I have always left the soft toys in LO's cot, now hes big its not an issue. But yes it prob would be safer to remove them. I suppose it depends on how much your baby is moving around the cot and your own instincts. I was happy to leave his soft toys in the cot xxxxx

If she's a wriggler then yes i'd take them out but if not i'd leave them. Jack doesn't wriggle at all when he sleeps, he just moves from his right side to his back so he keeps all of his teddies in with him x

Yes - the safest thing to do is take everything out of the cot. We started giving eldest LO her favourite teddy when she got to about 1 year.

:)

Safest is probably to take them all out. We leave Caleb's in his cot, and we don't put him feet to foot... He doesn't wriggle down, only upwards so we don't worry about him xx

Arthurs soft toys are at one end and his head is at the Other end, so even if he wriggles down, his feet are in them. He sleeps in a sleeping bag so I don't worry about blankets over his head x

Alfie doesn't have any toys in his cot only a mobile and Mr Bunny otherwise he would just play with them all night. We had to do that so he associates his cot with sleep lol

x

Safest is probably to take them all out. We leave Caleb's in his cot, and we don't put him feet to foot... He doesn't wriggle down, only upwards so we don't worry about him xx

It's the same with Grace, she wriggles right up until her head it touching the end lol

Thank you. Using the Moses basket in the cot at the moment so she gets used to her nursery. Next step just her in the cot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back