Sleeping arrangements

Princesssaxy

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question but oh well!!

Atm we have a chicco crib that 12 day old sleeps in. We moved it downstairs as I couldn’t walk up to our bedroom after my c section. Currently OH does evening shift whilst I sleep then I come down midnight ish to do night shift as he is working. I then sleep on sofa. I’d like to not have to sleep on sofa anymore but don’t want to disturb OH during the night! What are everyone’s sleeping arrange? I feel like I’m missing something obvious and after a long hospital stay would just like to sleep in same bed as OH for once!

That`s ok. Dont worry. Be patient:) Your kid is too little to speak about ant sleeping arrangments

Babies are naturally terrible sleepers. As parents we often feel it is best to do what nature intended, but when it comes to sleep this can be challenging. It’s completely normal for babies to wake during the night when they need to be fed, comforted, or calmed. If you have an infant, night wakings are something that you need to accept, however some babies do wake up more than others, and some take longer to get back to sleep.

There are several gentle and natural strategies that can nurture good sleep habits in your baby. Using these simple strategies may improve the length and quality of your baby’s sleep, as well as reduce the amount of time it takes to settle your baby, resulting in better sleep for both you and your baby.

Keep Your Baby Close

Having your baby sleep in close proximity to you has several advantages. Not only will it give you peace of mind, keeping your baby close increases emotional bonds and reduces stress levels in both you and your baby.

Get Outside

Fresh air is highly underrated. Exposure to fresh air during the day will not only improve your baby’s sleep, but it helps clean our lungs and increases oxygen intake.

Try Infant Massage

Breastfeed in the Evening

Be firm. Make sure you're following a bedtime ritual that is supportive and comforting. Don't go right in when he calls you; instead, call to him and tell him that you're there and how proud you are that he's learning to do this by himself.

Be sure to stick to your bedtime ritual — toddlers this age really need the consistency that offers. Other ways to help your child get to sleep are to cuddle up with him, pretend to be asleep yourself, or take a businesslike, adult-in-charge approach: Prepare for bed and go about your own routine. Eventually he'll fall asleep right in the middle of watching you.
And don`t forget to use a nursing pillow! When you going to nursing your child from anywhere in the from 5-8 hours a day, a nursing pillow rapidly turns into a need, not an extravagance. All things considered, one of the best advantages of nursing is the quality mother and baby bonding time as nursing normally helps you both unwind while changing in accordance with coexistence. Without the guide of a decent nursing pillow, feeding can rapidly turn into a strenuous, uncomfortable, and disappointing action instead of a chance to promote connect with baby. Here ia a review https://sleepmentor.net/best-nursing-pillow/

I would put the next to me by the bed and all sleep upstairs together if you can do stairs now. I would either use a moses basket or pram for daytime sleeping downstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back